Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfectly illustrated here. My eddworks 250 is a superb pure cutter on sweet potato and butternut (More so than my Kobayashi laser ever was) but the stiction is there. This was my first sweet with it, hence the exclamation in video when I bisected with ease. The Okubo gyuto in second video doesn't do the bisection cut as well, but the tater stays on the board. Just depends on what you're looking for that day.

Caveat that the eddworks isn't a real laser, it's 5 mm stock, but quite thin BTE and the distal taper is very aggressive, making it pretty lasery up front. I'm also just a home cook who has mediocre technique, you aren't gonna have me flying through prep videos like Stringer, but at least my technique is consistent across knives for comparison purposes!

View attachment 327469
View attachment 327470

Man that eddwork’s spine shot 🥵

shi.han vs American wagyu chunks from Snake River Farms. The 12 inch walnut wooden plate is hand made in Holland, Michigan. Check out the thick spine!
IMG_1993.jpeg
IMG_1994.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 2, snagged a lil vid for @Yoshi and the rest of the non-believers. Weight of the knife is doing about 90% of the work. Does make me want to try it with a Sugi #6 though

Is there any benefit to that extra curved frontal belly geometry I am missing?

Is there any benefit to that extra curved frontal belly geometry I am missing?
Just his style for gyutos. I asked for a flatter rear on this custom and received it. Generally I prefer a flat profile and low tip a la Yoshikane but the upsweep on the front of this has been beneficial on big heads of cabbage or even on a full size melon. I can't really explain why except it starts the cut at a different angle and allows a smooth transition to the flat spot as I'm shaving cabbage/fennel with a more slicey push cut (as opposed to up-down)

Thought I'd hate it but has grown on me quite a bit.

20231109_140631.jpg

Just his style for gyutos. I asked for a flatter rear on this custom and received it. Generally I prefer a flat profile and low tip a la Yoshikane but the upsweep on the front of this has been beneficial on big heads of cabbage or even on a full size melon. I can't really explain why except it starts the cut at a different angle and allows a smooth transition to the flat spot as I'm shaving cabbage/fennel with a more slicey push cut (as opposed to up-down)

Thought I'd hate it but has grown on me quite a bit.

View attachment 327661
The knife looks really nice and I love my cleaver from him. I just haven't been able to get past that up turn. Thanks for the info.

Yea…just moved back to the country after 10 yrs in the city…instead of nosey neighbors now I have wild turkey, coyotes and occasional stray cattle peaking over the fence
When I moved to the backcountry, there was a neighbor with a nursery business. A cattle got in there and did thousands in damage before making a second hole in the fence to (!) off.

Not taken by me, but shipped to me a couple days ago and should be here Monday, which means his shipping situation has drastically improved:
View attachment 328287
Kitchen Knives ID L6 230 gyuto and 150 petty for my girlfriend.

These sure seem like a lot of knife for the money. I'd be really interested in reading your thoughts on the grind when you get them!

Back