Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PXL_20220407_183717574.jpg

It is clearly HSC III zwear. How does one break a handle on one of these is what I want to know.
1. "Do you have a sharp ass knife I can use?" - Prep Cook to myself

2. Hand her the knife thinking she needs to cut stuff, possibly thinly? 🤷‍♂️

3. Hear some banging. Assume it's the dinner cook pounding out chicken.

4. Prep Cook returns said knife. Use it and handle is loose. Cracked in 3 places with 1 huge crack.

5. Ask prep cook if she was cutting a tire?

6. Prep Cook says she was smashing lemongrass with the butt of the handle.

7. 😐

4. Prep Cook returns said knife. Use it and handle is loose. Cracked in 3 places with 1 huge crack.

7. 😐
Damn, that sucks.

7. 😐

I mean it’s not like your gonna use your own knife knife for a job like that hahaha

7. 😐
8. fired

7. 😐
Wow, I’ve done a lot of lemongrass with the flat of a cleaver or spine of a cleaver/gyuto and occasionally the butt of a handle, but I’ve never needed so much force as to actually damage the handle. She must have been putting a lot of muscle into it 😓

Wow, I’ve done a lot of lemongrass with the flat of a cleaver or spine of a cleaver/gyuto and occasionally the butt of a handle, but I’ve never needed so much force as to actually damage the handle. She must have been putting a lot of muscle into it 😓
Lots of force + not a short knife + lots of stupid = sad me

But why did the knife have to be sharp to pound lemongrass 🤔 ?

On one hand, we could read "sharp ASS knife" literally... like she wanted a knife with a sharp ass. If a knife has an ass then it'd be the handle butt would it?

On the other hand, I'm guessing pounding it was part of a process involving cutting it first or after... 🤷‍♂️

I'll take "things that don't make sense for $2,000 Alex"
I’m guessing there was can she needed to open before she pounded the lemongrass. Please tell me you let her have it.

I'd like to think so. But her no hesitation whatsoever answering that she was smashing lemongrass with the handle, makes me think otherwise.
Some people just have no respect for other people's stuff. You might know very little about knives and yet if taking someone else you'd think one would ask if it is ok to use it as a hammer.

Some people just have no respect for other people's stuff. You might know very little about knives and yet if taking someone else you'd think one would ask if it is ok to use it as a hammer.
I assumed she would have some, she was chatting with me about getting some nicer knives and a sharpening stone.... But I think she meant some hammers and axes? 🤷‍♂️

Back