D. Martell Dave Martell Knives - 1st run

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will anybody (first 12) mind if their number changes? I'm asking because I'm thinking that it might not make much sense to do the next knife and label it as #9 when it's actually #5, know what I mean? What do you guys think?

I'm not sure if you'll be affected or not Dave, it would be nice to thin that I can get that far into it that quickly though. :)

I bet that tapered tang is going to look sweet as well.

I love the look of tapered tangs and in this case it should add function as well by taking weight out of the handle area which is important on a thin knife that has ironwood scales. If it works out I'll continue to do this with the rest.

Any chance you can tell me what # I am in?

Thats me... wow I Was later than I thought!! 21 was a good year for me though...

I'm getting much faster at many of the processes involved so it shouldn't be all that long until I hit #21. :)

WooHoo!!! :bliss:

Wait. No no. Can't get excited. Causes days to pass too slowly...

Hey Ben, I'm holding your knife aside while I'm waiting for some smaller diameter pinstock to arrive this week. Just don't want you checking your email every 10 min waiting on me. :)

What? Like I would compulsively check a thread or email all hours of the day and night looking for updates? I mean, it's been a whole 15 minutes since you posted this before I responded!

Sorry if I'm coming off as impatient (I'm just excited, honest!), but any idea when you'll have the first suji complete? :D

Hey I get it and understand. :D

The first suji is #8 knife that will be started once I receive the handle material from the customer.

Hey Dave,

Hate to distract you from getting everyone's knives done but could you tell me what number knife I have. It'll be like the countdown to Xmas :biggrin:

Excellent work so far

Back