D. Martell Dave Martell Knives - 1st run

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While you were at the grinder, you heard there was a Rachel Ray marathon about to come on, and you immediately started doing this :hula:
with the knife still in your hands

Sad day today at Martell Knifeworks.......lost a knife to the grinder Gods. :sad0:

Was it a western suji with a koa/fiddleback maple handle? :sad0:

No worries if it is, I'm just curious. :)

Was it a western suji with a koa/fiddleback maple handle? :sad0:

Sadly......yes it was. :(

Knife lost only though...but....the big problem that came from this is that I have no suji blanks left (at the moment) to replace it.

Sounds like it will end up a petty!

Jim...you confuse me. :scratchhead:
Haha.. to slow... here is what we were speaking about-

Dave avatar-Goose.jpg

Last edited:
Hi - I've noticed this string has been quiet - Dave - any chance you've got an update?

I had to stop on my knives and jump on rehandles. I'm trying my best to do work in the order that it's taken so I'm bouncing around a bit. Sorry for the delay.

Likely story. You've probably been surfing the net too much again. Back to work!!! :D

Oh BTW guys, I'll be back on working on my knives VERY shortly. Turns out that doing rehandle work, running a sharpening service, selling products online, and running a forum sure does take away from knifemaking time. I'm really gunning to get back to it though - I can't wait.

Luckily there are no major holidays coming up, so you should be in the clear for quite awhile! :razz:

Lets get cracking over there, we need to get started on the butcher knives!:thumbsup:

Hell, I gave up and ended up buying what turned out to be some POS bull-nose butcher knife on ebay and a couple of Dexter scimitars from Nathan. I'd still be in for a 12" scimitar in carbon steel.

So where is #6? I NEED to check out this knife in LA next weekend! :D
Seeing the wa-handled knife that was just sold reminded me that I still haven't seen this one. Any news?

Stefan is almost finished with the 2nd handle. The 1st one didn't go as planned (not Stefan's fault - mine) so he's doing another for us.

Sweet. unkajonet's patience is KILLING me, lol! :)

Back