Show Your Newest Sharpening Gear

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the feedback, this was not direct from AC but from Griffith shaving goods here in the states via AC. I was under the impression there is less variation with the BBW but I think I just need more time with it. Do you notice yours dishes at a noticeable rate where flattening makes sense on a regular basis like with a synthetic? I would assume not if it’s just being lightly used for touch ups?

I can’t report whether it dishes at a noticeable rate, because I don’t check it as often as I do my other stones. I assumed it was “hard”, thus dishing slowly like a hard synthetic, but I may be wrong about that. I flattened it a few sessions ago, so I’ll check it the next time I use it, and report back. This would be a shorter gap between flattenings than my usual for this stone, and provide a more accurate answer.
Yesterday I flattened my BBW, having used it five or so times since the last flattening. It was not dished much at all, requiring only a few swipes to remove the pencil marks. So my BBW is hard and fast — very fast with some pre-slurry.

We’ll see if it’s the real deal….appears so
image.jpg

Back