• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Devin Thomas 230 Gyuto 1.2519/Stainless

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bico Doce

aka Big Dice / Bocce Ballz / Big Douche
Reaction score
Hey KKF,

I would like to sell my Devin Thomas 230 gyuto. I picked this up directly from Hoss in Jan 2022 (see IG link). It has been one of my all time favorites, no hyperbole here. I'm selling this because I recently picked up another DT.

Condition: I have used this knife, I cant really remember the count. I lightly touched it up on stones just to get a feel for the steel (which was amazing). The San Mai is all done in house by Hoss. The etch is being replaced by a patina. Other than that the knife is in great condition. The distal taper on this is one of the best I've seen. The tip is very thin and can handle precision work with ease. F&F top notch.

Specs:
235 x 53 mm
215 grams
Bocote handle
1.2519/stainless steel
Balance point at the makers mark

Shipped with padded case.

Asking $985 shipped/insured in Conus, international please PM.

IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

Dayum! Really nice looking knife. One day I'll get back to owning a Devin, but no budget today.

GLWS.

And two hours without a SPF, this forum is really slipping.
Times are tough right now so I am going to offer an installment plan. $500 now, the balance due 1 month out. I'll pack it up once the deposit has been made and ship upon the balance being paid. If the balance isnt paid within 1 month Ill refund the money and repost the knife. Hopefully that helps a bit.

Man ... yet again ... this time looking at Tulips ... yes the flowers ... my (much) better half decided this would be 'fun' ... TULIPS ... instead of never getting off of B/S/T just in case ... bloody hell ...

On the amazing side / with Hoss feeling up to producing when he can, it is really great to see DT's actually available from time to time ... gotta see the up side ... beautiful blade!

What other DT did you find that made you willing to let this one wonder ... pic's please ...

Man ... yet again ... this time looking at Tulips ... yes the flowers ... my (much) better half decided this would be 'fun' ... TULIPS ... instead of never getting off of B/S/T just in case ... bloody hell ...

On the amazing side / with Hoss feeling up to producing when he can, it is really great to see DT's actually available from time to time ... gotta see the up side ... beautiful blade!

What other DT did you find that made you willing to let this one wonder ... pic's please ...
Remember when I told you the buyer didn’t flake? Well, I was the buyer.

Still waiting for in-focus pics of the yard. Some random triangles always be cluttering up the foreground. ;)

Very nice knife. Congrats to the seller and buyer.

Still waiting for in-focus pics of the yard. Some random triangles always be cluttering up the foreground. ;)

Very nice knife. Congrats to the seller and buyer.
Thanks! If you look closely, most my pics in the yard have a black smudge in the background. The dog seems to always work his way in

whats better than roses on a piano? Tulips on my Johnson 🤣

couldn’t resist

How did you get two of his knives when most of us can't even get one! Are you dating his daughter or something?!
Luck I guess. I set notifications on my phone and I try to be first to the prize . Outside of the DT’s I would say I have a pretty modest collection.

Back