Japanese Knives Diamond stone set again?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zero, as far as I can recall.

My point exactly.

Craig, if they replace anything I think it will be my approx 1k stones, I'll let you know if they are available. The 6k will probably see a lot of use as a touch up stone.

If you are on the fence about these - buy them. All my other stones have practically been collecting dust since I've owned the pair. Coarse stones, soakers, naturals etc. They're fast, easy to use, don't really dish, and give you great results. If I lost them I wouldn't blink about spending the money again.

we're only up to 3 people interested so far... need a couple more before i order a bunch again

I want a set, but I've been on a bit of a spree lately and need to keep my spending down. Any chances this opportunity will come again in the future?

Jon-I'm in for a set if you re-order. Eric

i decided to order a bunch anyways... they will be on the way around the end of next week or early the following week

sure... just shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] with the subject line "Diamond Stone Set Group Buy" (without the quotes obviously). I have a filter set up to flag these messages.

stones just arrived... i'm gonna go through the list of people who requested them and get back to you guys over the next couple of days... if we need to order more again, we will

I've just sent out e-mails to everyone that requested one via e-mail (as per the directions previously stated in this thread)... if you didnt get an e-mail or would like to order one but havent yet, please follow the directions below:
for those interested, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] with the subject line "Diamond Stone Set Group Buy" (without the quotes obviously). I have a filter set up to flag these messages, so i can get a quick count on interest.

I believe we have 2 more left if anyone wants them

I don't think I can actually afford these at the minute but I am curious how much they would cost shipped to the UK?

Does anyone want just the 6K so I can get the 1K? Pls PM if interested, thanks.

I got mine today and did a few knives. If you are on the fence, go for it, especially if you sit down and do four or more knives at a time. I only had to go down to a coarse stone for one knife that had a little chip, and put a finish on the bevels with a natural stone and did uras and microbevels with the 6k. I haven't tried yanagiba or deba edges on fish, but the gyuto and usuba edges were impressive on the veg I had around the house. I saved a ton of time compared to my normal progression, maybe 25%. I even did the lady's 10" Wusthof on the 1k and deburred on the 6k, less than five minutes.

I got mine today and did a few knives. If you are on the fence, go for it, especially if you sit down and do four or more knives at a time. I only had to go down to a coarse stone for one knife that had a little chip, and put a finish on the bevels with a natural stone and did uras and microbevels with the 6k. I haven't tried yanagiba or deba edges on fish, but the gyuto and usuba edges were impressive on the veg I had around the house. I saved a ton of time compared to my normal progression, maybe 25%. I even did the lady's 10" Wusthof on the 1k and deburred on the 6k, less than five minutes.

Damn you people living in the States.... Mine is slowly making it's way across the pacific.

Set has arrived. And just as luck has it, I have some tradesmen coming around tomorrow morning so I have the morning off work. Looks like some sharpening might be on the cards

still sucks though... wouldnt it be nice if every company, every step of the way actually took their job seriously?

Back