Media Eat Drink Man Woman

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michi

I dislike attempts to rewrite history
Reaction score
I just watched Eat Drink Man Woman, directed by Ang Lee. (Ang Lee also directed Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hulk, and Brokeback Mountain, among others.)

This is a superb movie, with a really engaging, thoughtful, and often funny story line. And it contains some really nice cooking scenes and Asian dishes with fantastic presentation because one of the main characters is a master chef. I've linked the opening scene below. It's well-worth watching the movie, not just for the cooking, but for a very clever and intricate story about the twists and turns in people's lives.

The most impressive thing to me is the rolling and shaping of the dumplings at 3:54. I think this is mostly about the shame I've felt every time I've tried to roll out perfect dumpling circles and every time I've created a dumpling godzilla that falls apart during cooking. 😭

I've created a dumpling godzilla that falls apart during cooking.
IT'S ALIVE!!!
itsalive.jpg

Fab show. Such a blast from the past. The scene where they strolled through the chefs kitchen was made by stitching 4 hotel banquet kitchens together if I recall.

Back