Eating healthier

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dxtreme

Reaction score
Heya guys, new member here, deciding to change my lifestyle for 2019 and cooking more at home vs eating out. I had a set of Ginsu Chikara set from about 8 years ago and poor knives went thru so much from this ignorant user. Been eating better since Jan and now its time to reward myself with some new blades. Bought my first Wusthof Ikon Blackwood boning knife (I cant get over the gorgeous blackwood handle and the discount). Looking forward to get more Japanese style knife as I am trying to make sushi soon. Good to meet everybody and hope I get to learn. much from all of you guys.

Welcome to the fiorums - you will find a lot of information on Japanese kitchen knives here. Have fun :)

Welcome to the fiorums - you will find a lot of information on Japanese kitchen knives here. Have fun :)

Thank you for the warm welcome. My next knife i am looking to buy is a small 3.5" - 4" paring knife, it seems like there is very little Japanese knife that falls into the category ?

Welcome! I made that same choice about a year ago. We now rarely eat out and never eat processed packaged food. I eat more than ever, spend less, lose weight and enjoy the food more.

Went through the same transition a long time ago OP and while living that way dropped a ton of weight and gained a ton of energy and confidence. This forum helped enormously, as did hooking up with a local group of non-judgmental gym goers. Our In the Kitchen section, while not as active as it used to be, is still a great resource for "real people" recipes and meal ideas.

But beware! For all the good this forum did me, I now have ... urges... To purchase... implements. Sharp Implements. SHINY implements...

The voices say what? To go to the B/S/T section of the forum for more implements to buy? Yes, of course... For more implements.

Back