Fermented chili sauce

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kfergu10

Reaction score
I have been experimenting on and off for a couple of months with lacto fermentation. Made a batch of Fresno chili and garlic, as well as a habanero batch. I'd be curious to hear anyone experiences with fermentation at home.

Just started doing this myself.

Here are my first two jars:
20181204_063917.jpg

Left one has been sitting for ~8 weeks: 1kg sweet bell peppers, 100g habanero, 1 head of garlic, 5% salt, hand chopped. Little bit of yogurt whey + some water kefir starter
Right one has been sitting for ~4 weeks: 1kg sweet bell peppers, 100g habanero, 1 head of garlic, 3% salt, food processed. Started with water kefir starter.

Neither has had any other liquid added. I do stir them about once per week as that seems to have the

The left jar has been dug into a bit for a family party. Very tasty, but a bit salty. A family member said he wanted some for an X-mas present. The right one I've tasted just a touch and is more balanced in regards to the salt.

Definitely going to keep on with this.

This is fantastic. I was able to take some sriracha sauerkraut and use that as my starter. It seemed to have seasoned everything perfectly. I want to make an attempt at fermenting my own miso paste now.

Back