First fully Carbon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonestter

Reaction score
210 is all I know for certain

Western handle's nice, but so are the Wa's

Have a few carbon core clad but no pure carbon

High heel, good chopper, and all round friendly

Fire away with recommendations

$1 - 500 budget

So are you looking specifically for monosteel or are you also looking for iron clad carbon core?

How high are you looking for at the heel?

I have a few clad

Want to go go hard core mono

Like the Victorinox Kramer profile

You can't go wrong with a ZKramer, I had the 52100 and it was a great knife. It felt almost like semi-stainless when compared to iron cladding. If you can find one I'd certainly recommend it, the release isn't fantastic (as you'd expect from a tall blade) but there's no wedging.

Thanks for clarifying - I wasn't sure if you meant that you had some stainless clad and were looking to get into something without the stainless cladding.

What kind of heel height are you looking for? I'd assume that a KS for instance would be a lot narrower than you're looking for.

A Victorinox Kramer... how awesome would that be. Same as the Zwilling Kramer, except a Fibrox handle and 200 dollars cheaper. :biggrin:

More seriously: Misono Swedish carbon, with Japanesechefsknife.com; a Fujiwara FKH with the same, or, more traditional, a Herder 1922 with knivesandtools.nl

You can't go wrong with a ZKramer, I had the 52100 and it was a great knife. It felt almost like semi-stainless when compared to iron cladding. If you can find one I'd certainly recommend it, the release isn't fantastic (as you'd expect from a tall blade) but there's no wedging.

Thanks for clarifying - I wasn't sure if you meant that you had some stainless clad and were looking to get into something without the stainless cladding.

What kind of heel height are you looking for? I'd assume that a KS for instance would be a lot narrower than you're looking for.

Very tempted by the ZK 8" carbon

I like 50mm min heel. The ZK Meji and 10" Chef's are nearer 60 and they're fine

Back