Flat out good looks....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little bit of both, looks and function, I guess. But like Matt I occasionally also perform wood surgery or give other surgeons a chance to show their talent :) One that I bought completely on looks a long time ago was a 'gyuto' by D. Koster which turned out to be more like a deba in sujihiki shape, so thick I didn't even consider thinning it. A learning experience... I still like the hammered Yoshikanes for their look but they won't improve what I have in function, and in the meantime they have been priced outside a range that I find appropriate for them. But to stick with the discussion, I like neither knives nor women to be anorectic...

Stefan

I started this thread because I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger on a Konosuke 300mm Sakimura Takobiki in Silver 3. I am sure there are those out there that probably dont like this knife but I just fell in love with the looks, even though I may not use it that often.

Easy to understand, that is a beautiful knife. I had one in white steel, 330 and mirror-polished. Sold it because I could not stand the thought of such a beautiful knife starting to rust out here. Still miss it, probably should have sold the other ones and kept that one... So, I ak sure you will like it.

Stefan

Back