For the gun folks....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pic and gun Dave.

I have a S&W K-22 Masterpiece I got soon after high school.
It could sure use a makeover.

Do you have Turnbull's contact info?

As the 2nd amendment was written in the 1700's, only guns from that period should be legal. Muzzle loads, my friends! Then to do a mass killing you have to carry 40 firearms!

Actually, when the 2nd was passed, many civilians had MORE modern weapons than the military, so...............
As the 2nd amendment was written in the 1700's, only guns from that period should be legal. Muzzle loads, my friends! Then to do a mass killing you have to carry 40 firearms!

I know, i've been educating my Commander on the Constitution and told him that we need to get rid of airplanes, smart bombs, satelite survelience, and everything after the 1700's. We need to get back to our roots. Wonder how long we would last?

Oh and Dave. I second..third...fourth...the idea of a 1911. I currently own or have owned, Kimber, Colt, Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, and one very special Luke Volkmann. I have to say, I trust them in that order. If you get a kimber, you may love it, but you also may have reliability issues. The colt is built as a combat pistol and I currently carry one of the first production Colt Night Defenders as my primary CCW. I have put over 10k rounds down the barrel without a problem. Good luck in your quest.

i wanted a 1911 but worried about the reliability of any of the sub 1k$ pistols that how i ended up getting the single stack glock 36 after more then 1k rounds only had maybe 3 (early on learning to shoot fails) and it carries great

This is coming awfully close to the political line, I'll make the following comments, then say no more (unless you want to PM me).

Actually nearly all of the recent incidents did involve multiple firearms, usually 4+.

By this logic, Freedom of the Press wouldn't apply to radio/tv/internet. Right against search and seizure wouldn't apply to any electronic media. rinse, repeat. This argument has been used in numerous courts throughout the US in many different contexts and has lost. It's just silly.

I'm going to give Spike credit for going for silly. Which is more than I can say for #'s 123-127.

After reading this I'm really ticked off. My mom passed away this year, and my greedy sisters & their husbands went in to her house and made off with all my mother's jewelry and my dad's guns. I'd been promised a 1911 that he'd bought brand new for $10 when he got out of the Navy. That was a great gun. Good thing they didn't know what they were looking at when it came to knives...at least I got the Randall.

After reading this I'm really ticked off. My mom passed away this year, and my greedy sisters & their husbands went in to her house and made off with all my mother's jewelry and my dad's guns. I'd been promised a 1911 that he'd bought brand new for $10 when he got out of the Navy. That was a great gun. Good thing they didn't know what they were looking at when it came to knives...at least I got the Randall.

That would make me mad too, BTW much better avatar than before ;)

I'm going to give Spike credit for going for silly.

Possibly, I certainly can't read minds...I have seen this argument put forth seriously in a number of venues in the past several days though, including by normally thoughtful people. Apologies if I put unwelcome intentions behind your words Spike.

Possibly, I certainly can't read minds...I have seen this argument put forth seriously in a number of venues in the past several days though, including by normally thoughtful people. Apologies if I put unwelcome intentions behind your words Spike.

No need to apologize, I thought Spike was being ironic when I wrote what I wrote. It's a highly debated topic and responsible and legal gun owners are on the attack and rightfully so.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

It's soon to be a sad state of affairs in NY with a bill they are about to pass. I always thought California was the worst place for gun owners. Hopefully PA will not absorb any of that unconstitutional craziness, or I will be retiring in the midwest.

Laws like this are tested here in CA and soon start infecting other locations... sorry to say... I really hate CA...

It's soon to be a sad state of affairs in NY with a bill they are about to pass. I always thought California was the worst place for gun owners. Hopefully PA will not absorb any of that unconstitutional craziness, or I will be retiring in the midwest.

PA is getting weaker, our reps are bending over too.

Although I'm into knives and guns I don't consider myself a nut. I try and distance myself from redneck thinkers. Probably why I'm lonely. I can't warm up to the nuts on the left either.

My goal as a representative of the community is to display quiet competence while making sure everyone has fun safely. Whether at the range, on in the grocery store parking lot.

I've been really disappointed at the bluster from people who should know better lately...on both sides, but especially those in the community.

Salty, for better or worse, the "nuts" are our coal mine canaries when it comes to ALL rights. There arent' too many important First Amendment cases decided on the issue of whether the local paper can run a story about the church bake sale without letting the preacher look at it first.
Although I'm into knives and guns I don't consider myself a nut. I try and distance myself from redneck thinkers. Probably why I'm lonely. I can't warm up to the nuts on the left either.

I consider myself that way too, and my passion is not so much with guns as it is with the Constitution.

As I watch and observe arguments on both sides, I understand why people want and don't want guns. Extreme views on either side aren't helping the cause out. I, for one, am about better background checks and closing the gun show loophole. In case you didn't know, many states you can purchase a gun without a NICS background check as long as it is a personal sale. I think that is reasonable. Other than that, there are thousands of gun laws in this country that are not enforced. Why don't we focus on enforcing the ones we have on the books.

I will say the anti-gun folks, you know the Piers Morgan types, I abhore. Everytime they interview a pro-gun person, they always say lets have a mature and rational discussion. Then they throw out fear-mongering opinions, factless points, and typical media induced falacies. I thought you were supposed to know about the subject before you debate someone on it? Terminology, FBI facts, documented statistics, and the Constitution on thrown down the drain with anti-gun activists. They just want to feel "safe". Ironically, most the high profile anti-gun activists have armed body guards and concealed weapons permits. Hypocrite anyone?

Interesting facts: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-20

Did you know in New York in 2011 (2012 is still preliminary), only 5 deaths were attibuted to rifles, and AR15's are broken down in with bolt action, .22's, etc.! Look at the chart, rifles only accounted for 384 deaths nationwide (my math might be a few off)! Most of the gun deaths in this country are gang related, hence why California is so high.

Perfect example of fear mongering and the ignorance of antis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxDvwObwZk&feature=youtu.be and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJdhAm_oUUs

This whole thing makes me sick.

I like to hunt and want to be able to defend myself and home from bad guys. As such I consider myself an enthusiast but not a zealot. Setting Constitutional arguments and the ineffectiveness of laws to curtail criminal behavior aside, my problem with the current outcry and proposed "solutions" is one of definition.

I own a semi-auto deer rifle chambered for .308. A detachable magazine holds 4 rounds. Banning "assault" weapons is appealing (to some) political rhetoric. But how would a definition be crafted that applied to the AR-15, et al that did not include my rifle? Or my composite stocked semi-auto shotgun?

My preferred deer rifle is composite stocked, bolt action with 14x scope. Is it to be defined as a sniper rifle?

As a final thought my shotgun did not kill the ducks in my avatar - I did.

What most people don't understand is that the people really pushing for gun control the hardest will NOT be satisfied with jus banning evil black guns. Sure, that would probably qualify as paranoia if many of them had not already come out in the past and admitted that very thing. Remember that before Heller, NYC, DC and Chicago had effectively banned the possession of all handguns by most citizens. Once Heller came along, the first thing they tried to do in DC was figure out a way to get around Heller and not issue any pistol permits. As such, any argument that the "nuts" are seeing monsters in their closet should be examined in the light of what their opponents have said in public.

I have some strong opinions on this subject that I want to express here but I think it's best that I keep them to myself as they're too political in nature. Let's all keep in mind that this forum should not be used for political talk.

Just duct tape the magazine to the stock and it is no longer detachable, and according to NY, no longer an assault weapon......

and fill most your high capacity magazines with lead so it can only fit 7 rounds.

Og ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sorry. Im seriously getting fired up about the constitution getting tampered with. I am so mad. And its not good or ok. Anger problems are bad. GRRRAAAAWWWWRRRRRRR You no touchy my freedom mr sir. I push back hard.

Since Australia made similar bans on assault weapons and machine guns, and implemented a gun buyback, there have been no more mass shootings - we used to average one every year.

Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back