• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Nakayama and Narutaki stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainaman

Founding Member
Reaction score
1. Nakayama Kiita [208x75x34 mm (above the dais)], lvl 4-4.5. This is a very fine and fast cutting stone (especially on slurry). It produces a great edge on stainless and carbon steels. The stone is fitted with a dais, and is sealed. The stone has a stamp "Shohonzan" on one of the small faces.
PRICE= $350 shipped in US

2. Narutaki Kiita [197x75x20mm] lvl4.5 . This is a beautiful finishing stone, it has a ton of goma but it does not scratch and the goma can't be felt at all.
The stone cuts fast, especially with slurry and leaves mirrored finish on hard steel. It can produce good contrast between jigane and hagane. The stone is mounted on a stained (except the bottom) dais
The stone was stamped with multiple stamps of quality, I have included a picture that shows the main ones translated.

PRICE = $230 shipped in US

The big round stamp reads " Gokujo" which means "superb"
The stamp in the top left corner is the standard "Shohonzan" stamp
The stamp right under the big round one means "Narutaki", that is the mine of origin not a general term.
The stamp in the lower left corner reads "kokyu - hin" which means "luxury goods" and "gokujo ippon sen" which means "the finest one"

If you are willing to sell to Denmark, then I'll take them both.
Allow me to pm in the morning as it is 02 am in Denmark right now.
If they are already sold, or you're only selling to US, you can let me know here or in pm.

Thank you

That is incredible value for what are clearly excellent stones. GLWS

Which one would you say is finer, the Nakayama or the Narutaki?

Interested in both stone if you can send to the UK. Alternatively, I'd take just the Narutaki if the Nakayama is sold. Happy to pay the extra postage.

Also, your inbox is full, so my pm may not have made it to you!

I cleaned the inbox.
Right now I have a member interested in both stones, I'll be looking into shipping costs for him so for now the stones are on hold. I'll update the availability as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back