good glass stove cleaner?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inferno

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) <*))))><
Reaction score
when i was living in norway i found a very good glass stovetop cleaner. but now i'm not in norway anymore...

so i want to know what you guys have used that has actually worked. and since brand names are different in europe and the US it might be the best to list the ingredients too i suppose.

This is what I use down here every few days (induction cooktop), but it's probably local to Aus. For daily cleaning I just use normal benchtop cleaner stuff.

1597482688730.png

Isn't the ammonia supposed to be bad for cooktops?
Not as far as I know. Glass is impervious to most chemicals. Avoiding ammonia applies only to coated (optical, anti-reflective) glass because the ammonia will strip the coating.

Last edited:
Yeah, think that's why I was wondering, with all of the white "etching" on the top.
No, not a problem. I don't know what the lines are actually made of. But they won't disappear if you use a cleaner that contains ammonia. Heck, you can't damage those markings even with a blade scraper.

For stubborn burnt on stains I have to use a SS scourer with a little ceramic clearing liquid. The Schott glass seems to handle the abuse very well

I've honestly just always let the cooktop soak for a bit with warm water and dish soap, then dry with a towel. Maybe another soak and dry if things got real messy and cooked on. Anything left after that point usually only requires some light scrubbing with a towel.

Back