Guided Freehand Sharpener by SharpWorx

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SharpWorx

Reaction score
📌At SharpWorx we provide...Guided Knife Sharpeners, so you'll sharpen like a pro and have razor-sharp knives and tools.

🙌Sharpen like an expert with no training!

Freehand sharpening takes a lot of training, our sharpener allows you to do that with almost no experience.

Check out our website and shop now!

Sharpworx.com

#sharpworx #sharpener #sharpening #knife #sharp #knifesharpener #knives #whetstone #sharpen #knifelife #sharpeningservice #knifesharpening #knifemaking #art #chefknife
01.png

Thanks for coming on as a sponsor.

Gotta ask, respectfully of course, the questions that always come up with systems:

How does your system deal with, 1) non symmetrical blades to include single bevels, 2) tips, and 3) thinning.

Somewhat like politics, there are those that are firmly in the system camp, some that will never be in the system camp, and a significant group in the middle.

Thanks and look forward to a rational response that may influence some folks.

@daveb

I appreciate the welcome to the group. Let me see if I can answer these.

This sharpener is designed to simulate free-hand sharpening and to serve two primary purposes:
  1. Free-hand trainer
  2. Sharpening guide/fixture
The individual's purpose for using the sharpener would influence the answer to your questions.

Assuming you are using the sharpener for a guide/fixture:
  1. "non symmetrical blades to include single bevels": The simple answer is the same way someone would do free-hand sharpening. If it is 70/30 grind, then you would match the strokes to match the grind ratio.
  2. "tips": the sharpener works well on tips and in the same method you would on free-hand.
  3. "thinning": the fixture is not designed for thinning. For thinning to be an option you would need to be able to do 0° to 5°. The fixture could be adapted to be able to do that, but that would be on the Professional model, where the image shown is the Master.
Assuming you are using the sharpener for free-hand training, you would likely not use the sharpener for any of those purposes once you learned how to sharpen.

Back