Handles, Conversions, and other Stuff

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great design on that handle, Mike! And I love the hackberry. I haven't even looked at Craigs stuff for a while because the prices were just going nuts.

Stefan

That is a very nice design Mike......Someone is going to be very happy.

Ended up working this weekend but at least I got something done

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

I went by Texas Knife to pick up some epoxy, and only epoxy! Like usual I walked out with a bag full of stuff. I got my son a Megaladon tooth for x-mas, he actually had one on his wish list to Santa, and this one unmatched scale. They gave me the scale real cheap. I thought I would try another mammoth spacer, the last one sploded on me, the stuff is like glass. So armed with some insight gleaned from Mr. Mario, I'm gonna give it another go. Black seems like the most likely color to put with this, Ironwood also looks pretty good with green IMO. You guys got any suggestions?

IMG_3180.jpg

Ironwood sounds good. Ironwood and black together sounds even better.

Nice piece. I always wonder and then end up using blackwood anyway. Or bog oak. But ironwood should work. You are right, they have a tendency to 'splode. Others have worked more with it, but I usually glue it between fiber pieces if I need to work with it or drill it, holds it together better and I can always sand them of later if I want to.

Stefan

OOOOh, green my favourite, black always looks nice. But, Lefty has one with a piece of dyed green box elder burl, looks amazing with the green mammoth.

Got another done. These are both going to the same victim

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

I like the addition of the pine needles on the steps. It is Xmas, maybe some garland, holly or mistletoe next time.

Mike sir you sure know how to get my wood going.:tongue4: cant wait to see them in person.! Thank you very much for your awsomness :)

Some copper liners would look nice next to that green mammouth tooth.

Some copper liners would look nice next to that green mammouth tooth.

Damn good idea! I was thinking Nickel Silver but Copper is soooo much better. Besides the Copper I let my wife choose the materials for this one. She really liked this block of swirley stuff. She also thought the color of the swirley stuff made the green pop more than the black I had chosen. Is she fired?

IMG_3234.jpg

That is a manly looking handle.....someone is going to be happy

I'd keep her on, that handle looks great. Mammoth tooth gives it an almost jewelry like touch to a otherwise dark handle. The whole thing plays together nicely well done!

Now that's a winner! Sweet combo. Classy and beautiful.

Hope you guy's have had a merry Christmas. We had a very quite one this year. Normally we are running like crazy, my moms, mother-in-law's, sisters, sister-in-laws. Not this year we consolidated, and are all meeting at the Clubhouse for dinner. It was nice just hanging, watching the kids play with their stuff, and argue.
Got this one finished yesterday. I really like the way it turned out

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

Latest posts

Back