Hello, from Dk.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simme

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a homecook and been lurking theese forums for about six months. It all started when i was looking for a nice knife for my brother. I bought him a bag he wanted instead, but i had a peek down the rabbithole.
A couple of months go by and my own birthday comes around. I got myself a Takamura migaki 210 mm. I was blown away from the first cut, smiling and yelling to my wife to come see this knife in action. My wife took one look at me and knew i was doomed. With a little head shake she said "i can see its sharp but at least stop smiling when you cut the meat." This was my introduction to japanese knives.

Current line up:
210 mm Takamura migaki gyuto
240 mm Kaeru gyuto
150 mm Tanaka ginsan petty

Planning on getting a carbon blade next, but haven't decided yet.

Looking forward to learn more about perfomance knives and sharpening.

Cheers Simon

welcome abord... check out the Buy Sell Trade section... and good luck on your journey.

About the kaeru. I wasn't that hapot about it from the start, but after i polished the sandblasted finish off and sealed the handle with beewax im liking it alt. The polish really helped the performance of the knife.

Back