Hello!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zsumaru

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Marcel and I'm from the Netherlands. I really like preparing and cooking food, and a while ago I've discovered that I really like Japanese kitchen knives. Because of this I want to know more about them and even start creating knives myself. I have an education in metalworking, but it has been quite a long time ago since I've done anything with it.

A while back I had the opportunity to attend a forging workshop. Off course I had very big ideas about what I wanted to make, so at first I was a little disappointed with the actual result. But I loved doing it and I loved the smell of the metal as I remembered it from school. I realized my expectations were way too high for my level of knowledge and skills, and I need to be patient and take the time and do the work if I want to learn and become better. My spare time, space and resources are quite limited right now, but I'm very motivated to at least make something I would be satisfied with in the end. This forum provides a treasure of information and inspiration, so now that I have joined I can say thanks to you all for sharing your knowledge!

:thumbsup: Marcel :thumbsup:

Welcome Marcel, I think there are some forum members near you.

Thanks guys for making me feel welcome! And hello Nederlanders and neighbors :danke:

Back