• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD HF 230 wrought iron gyuto, a wrought iron petty, Hinoura, Nagamasa razor, togo kana

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ethompson

probably staying up too late sharpening again
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made some less than stellar tax calculations through 2022 and got a bit of shock finalizing my filing tonight. On top of an already expensive few months feeling a little short on cash so looking to move some things.

Halcyon Forge Gyuto - $915 shipped CONUS
235x53 in 1.2519 & wrought iron
Toasted osage / Blackwood handle
http://www.halcyonforge.com/store/a5sn9rqnuqsf84j0xj41ueq596sbrbI've handled a half dozen of Joe's blades now and this is my favorite. I really, really like it. Super stiff and heavy feeling but extremely thin behind the edge. The choil shot is a bit beefier as the knife tapers rapidly. Steel is superb, grind is clean. Been daily driving it at home since purchase and have only stropped it. Could probably use a sharpening from 1k up at this point. The iron has great figure and the core steel actually has good banding as well. Edge holds very well. Super comfy in a pinch grip, you could almost call it a semi-integral.

IMG_7790.jpeg

Guillaume Nadeau Petty - $200 shipped CONUS

125x30 in 26c3 & historic wrought iron
Morado / maple handle
https://www.julienlabelleaffuteur.c...-erable/164?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=falseNot a maker I see discussed here often, which is a shame. One of the cleanest finishes I've ever seen out of the box. Truly stone ready with very even bevels and a very respectable kasumi. Excellent in hand petty / paring knife. I'd keep it forever if I didn't have something pretty much exactly the same size made for me by a good friend (damn you @Illyria for not making more knives)

IMG_7787.jpeg
IMG_7788.jpeg

withdrawn Mutsumi Hinoura Santoku - $250 shipped CONUS
168x48 in Shirogami 2 & soft iron
ho wood / horn oval handle

This one has been the subject of pretty much all my latest polishing samples. The geometry is very clean on both sides with crisp shinogi transition and even bevels. The only low spots are at the very very tip and heel and they're very small. They aren't worth chasing out. This knife not only is great for stone polishing freaks like me, but now cuts like an absolute demon. The finish on the left hand side is more refined than that on the right hand side (been using the right hand side for mid-grit testing) but both could be taken to a very clean kasumi in short order.

Nagamasa kamisori - $35 shipped CONUS
45mm edge length
IMG_7791.jpeg
IMG_7792.jpeg

Of all the razor makers I've tried, Nagamasa makes my favorite. But I don't shave with a straight that often and don't need a bunch of backups. Keeping just one. @cotedupy has one of my old tamahagane ones and likes the steel. I've sent this ones twin to a well regarded razor maker along with some stones to test and got favorable feedback. If you'd like micrographs or more detail from that, PM me. This one has some microchipping along the very edge but no crazy damage or corrosion.

Seisuku Mizuno Togo Kanna - $275 shipped CONUS
70mm in togohagane / wrought iron
white oak dai and carrying case included
IMG_7794.jpeg
IMG_7795.jpeg

I really want to get into wood working and key as an extension of my stone hobby, but its time to admit that this isn't going to happen with my schedule. This is an extremely high quality tool with a very clean ura. The dai still needs to be fitted. I've also got dai planes, chisels, bevel kanna, small spoon kanna, and even some very nice boards intended for practicing pulling thin shavings that we can discuss adding the the package if you'd like for basically no cost.

Attachments

• IMG_7664.mov
    48.9 MB
Last edited:
I have never heard of Guillaume Nadeau, but curious and I would like to take the Guillaume Nadeau Petty - $200 shipped CONUS.

I will take it.

Where are you in Texas?

Togo kanna still available. For $310 I’ll include all pictures too - Small used chisel set, kanna tuning plane, small spoon plane, chamfering plane. Probably cost me $700 all this stuff together. If you want to pay the extra shipping I have an Alaskan cedar block for pulling thin shavings for fun that I can include at no extra cost if you cover the extra shipping.
IMG_7880.jpeg

Kanna with other tools still available - $285 for all of it, not interested in separating. $250 if you just want the kanna and dai.

Back