Hi from Germany

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been lurking for a while but more active on Reddit. Chef by trade and just taking a couple of months off after a stressful stint at some hotels. I use a cleaver for most things at work (got to maintain that ridiculous self-image) but enjoy cooking at a slower pace at home using other knives and enjoying it. My favourite knife at the moment is an AG Klint thin cleaver and I'm really appreciating some of the stuff coming out of Scandanavia at the moment. I'm making this account now because I've just seen something sexy in the marketplace, I'll probably miss out on this one, but this way I'm more prepared for the next time.

I got ripped off for that CNC-milled Majime thing even though it was second hand, if anyone could recommend any sharpeners in Europe that could massively thin it, I'd owe you. I'm not fantastic on the stones and the guy who serviced the hotel staff at the last place was dog toffee. Anyway, good to be here. Thanks.

Been lurking for a while but more active on Reddit. Chef by trade and just taking a couple of months off after a stressful stint at some hotels. I use a cleaver for most things at work (got to maintain that ridiculous self-image) but enjoy cooking at a slower pace at home using other knives and enjoying it. My favourite knife at the moment is an AG Klint thin cleaver and I'm really appreciating some of the stuff coming out of Scandanavia at the moment. I'm making this account now because I've just seen something sexy in the marketplace, I'll probably miss out on this one, but this way I'm more prepared for the next time.

I got ripped off for that CNC-milled Majime thing even though it was second hand, if anyone could recommend any sharpeners in Europe that could massively thin it, I'd owe you. I'm not fantastic on the stones and the guy who serviced the hotel staff at the last place was dog toffee. Anyway, good to be here. Thanks.
Welcome aboard!
I remember from my time on messerforum.net that the common advice was to have thinned by Jürgen Schanz , Stutensee.

Hello and welcome from Austria, Mr. Neighbour!

Reading that somebody mostly uses Rectangles is a pleasure to my eyes. :D
I think you'd be a great companion for the " all rectangle March" group!

Servus!

This @martinhuber guy makes some nice cleavers, btw. Just sayin‘…
Servus und Eben! I've been admiring his stuff for a while. I was mega confused and then see that he's actually commented on here. Haven't felt this starstruck in a while :p

Hello and welcome from Austria, Mr. Neighbour!

Reading that somebody mostly uses Rectangles is a pleasure to my eyes. :D
I think you'd be a great companion for the " all rectangle March" group!

Hello and thank you. I'm sure you hear this often, but a cleaver by you is on my bucket-list. Eines Tages :)
I lived in Gelsenkirchen for >30y. and never been to a football game (there).
Moved to Berlin for >12y. and now in Fürstenwalde not too far from Berlin.

Cool and fair enough with Schalke, you've probably saved yourself a fair amount of misery over the years... I first landed in Paderborn, stayed over in Ostwestfalen for a while, before spending time in Duisburg, some baking up in Bremen and now halfway through moving to Bergisches land. I'll see what happens but further easat is the rough plan and just cooking as I do it.

I know Fürstenwald near Kassel and I was trying to wok out how Kassel was near Berlin...

Back