• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD High quality uchigumori and Maruoyama shiro suita

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now that my collection has expanded im listing two superior class Jnats.
Sold First is a Maruoyama Shiro suita. This 3.5/ hardness stone is easy to use, Kasumi on san mai is effortless and able to create very fine edges with a bite. With 18x6x4 and 1040 grams this isn't the biggest stone you'll find. Yet, what it lacks in size, it makes up for fineness and it's very clean.
Price 475€ plus shipping (from the Netherlands)

Second is a monster uchigomori hato. With 21x7,5x6 and is believe close to 2200 gram (scale broke yesterday) this is enough for several lifetimes of polishing.
I use it with pleasure for honyaki, white steel and tamagahane, San mai polishing and sometimes in a sharpening progression, just for the fun of it. Its obviously not the fastest cutting stone, being uchi, but it leaves a very nice edge.
I’m not sure if it’s Ohira or Mizukihara.
1500€ 1400€ plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_0777.MOV
    45.6 MB
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    23 MB
  • 1E19334B-A48F-47D8-9889-D2FF9975406B.jpeg
    1E19334B-A48F-47D8-9889-D2FF9975406B.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 55FEE7D3-5D58-4023-86B5-408B2894F164.jpeg
    55FEE7D3-5D58-4023-86B5-408B2894F164.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
First is a Maruoyama Shiro suita. This 3.5/ hardness stone is easy to use, Kasumi on san mai is effortless and able to create very fine edges with a bite. With 18x6x4 and 1040 grams this isn't the biggest stone you'll find. Yet, what it lacks in size, it makes up for fineness and it's very clean.
Second is a monster uchigomori hato. With 21x7,5x6 and is believe close to 2200 gram (scale broke yesterday) this is enough for several lifetimes of polishing.
I use it with pleasure for honyaki, white steel and tamagahane, San mai polishing and sometimes in a sharpening progression, just for the fun of it. Its obviously not the fastest cutting stone, being uchi, but it leaves a very nice edge.
1500€ plus shipping.
Bump

First is a Maruoyama Shiro suita. This 3.5/ hardness stone is easy to use, Kasumi on san mai is effortless and able to create very fine edges with a bite. With 18x6x4 and 1040 grams this isn't the biggest stone you'll find. Yet, what it lacks in size, it makes up for fineness and it's very clean.
1500€ plus shipping.
The maruoyama is sold

What is usual price shipped to USD for such a big rock out of curiosity? Beautiful stone. Price is crazy (low) for size but it is still expensive for occasional home use!
Hmm, it depends on how I’d send it. With insurance it could be about 200$. With no insurance it could be like 40$. I never had an issue, but it’s a but squeezing time I tell you.

Hi, I’ll drop the price of the Uchigumori to 1300€ for a week, after that I’ll withdraw it. I would like to point out that this stone is so good, so big, and in relation to this, so cheap. If it doesn’t sell now, it will come back at some point, but the price will be higher at that time. Pm me for more information. Happy Easter.

Back