• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hiromoto Gin-3 gyuto 21 -24 cm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supersayan3

Reaction score
Wanted to get a Hiromoto Gin-3 gyuto 24cm, since the 21cm was sold out for sometime now.

Was waiting holiday money to make some presents to myself, but I saw today that it is sold out as well...

I prefer 21 cm, but 24 cm will be ok as well!
Monosteel, not the Damascus.

Anybody?

Thank you!

I wonder how G-3 and AUS-10 compete. I like the width os NS-10 more, but the aesthetics of G-3 more, plus I find the TenmiJyuraku name most inspiring :)

I wonder how G-3 and AUS-10 compete. I like the width os NS-10 more, but the aesthetics of G-3 more, plus I find the TenmiJyuraku name most inspiring :)
A very first impression: Aus-10 sharpens just a tad easier, Gin-3 has its grain a bit larger, something like 13C26 vs. 19C27, if that makes sense. Anyway, both are meant to compete with the Swedes.

You're most welcome, supersayan3. Since, I've used the Aus-10 a few hours on crappy poly boards. It holds its edge like an excellent AEB-L. In fact, comparable to a Haburn AEB-L 62.5Rc I've used recently under the same circumstances.

Back