Honduras Rosewood Burl !!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I posted a bunch of Rosewood Burl blocks in my store late last night.
I figured I would post a photo here this morning.
2/3 of the blocks are gone already but there are still 11 blocks in the store the last I looked.
Mostly lower and mid priced pieces.

Click on the photo if you would like to go to the store for a closer look

I don't have a good sense of what can be accomplished with different sized blocks. Would you say most of your blocks are good for one wa handle? Are the "large" blocks ever good for two?

Beautiful wood, and tempting even though I have no blades at the moment in need!

I got two of these beauties; the middle one in the lower row on the bottom, and the middle one in the diagonal row on the right (think that's them anyways). I love the contrast by the lighter bit at the end

Johnny B.....
Most blocks will yield 1 handle.

The ones that say large block were cut with Bowies and larger Fighters in mind.
This is an example of the type knife I am talking about.
DSCN4238.JPG

The kitchen knives are a small portion of the handle material I sell. Most goes to higher end ABS style knives.
But I enjoy good kitchen knives so I always try to keep some available for the kitchen knife guys.

I still have one slab left to cut. Probably Monday.

I got two of these beauties; the middle one in the lower row on the bottom, and the middle one in the diagonal row on the right (think that's them anyways). I love the contrast by the lighter bit at the end

Looking forward to mine too! I was between the bottom middle (that you ordered) and the one I chose (second row from the bottom, on the left, I think) Seems we have good taste.

Dave do you like working with HRB? I'm thinking it'd go good on the 360 misono dragon gyuto (fire breathing dragon lol)

EDIT
I just checked and it looks like it's on the good list! :doublethumbsup:

Oh yeah it's on the good list alright! :D

I managed to score a couple or three. I really like the contrasting blocks with both heart and sap wood. This is some of the best you've had in a while.

:bigeek: ! There's going to be some happy customers after this sale.

Wish I didn't jump the gun last month. Maybe Monday's batch..

Busy day today. I will try to get the rest cut and sanded tues.

Got my block today, it is amazing! ...are those other ones going up tonight?

I am trying to get the next bunch in the store Thursday mid day. I am on the west coast so afternoon for the east coasters.
They will be mostly bigger blocks 2"+ wide and about 1&1/2" thick.

For whatever reason, I found myself stalking your site today for the new stuff, and despite the fact that I have no knives in need of new handles at the moment, I was sorely tempted by what I saw...

Back