How are you coping? What are you doing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently bought an Xbox One and am currently looking for filun games to play. Doom 2016 is currently my go to for hours of entertainment.

In my hermetically sealed office 08-1630, M-F.
For me it’s business as usual, although the focus has changed. They won’t allow me to bring the dog to work though. Working on the ‘emotional support companion animal’ angle.

Full time job from home-office, 2 kinds and a rented guitar do not leave much time for 'non-coping'. It is not easy as our younger one is yet to turn 3, but I am immensely glad that both our kids are still in pre-school age (though the older one not for much longer). I barely find the time to do some work on the projects I have promised to finish by the end of last year. We go out every day and the weather has been really nice past 2 weeks, so we are not really suffering the submarine phobia yet. Looking at 'the numbers' is not too easy though.

I watched a documentary on weed last night. Pretty cool.

I think I'm going to watch all documentaries that way now.

How deep does your wordplay go here? Like, was the documentary actually about weed as well, or was this only misdirection, and not misdirection + an accurate description of events? Please explain how you arrived at the joke too, and detail your feelings about my reaction to your post.

Try watching Ancient Aliens next time

yma8z-R9VXPQSTS6J-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1574913105429._SX1080_.jpg

Last edited:
Tomorrow we go into lockdown for 1 month. I've brought all my work home to catch up on. Anyway FF7 Remake comes out on Friday, so it will be easy to pass the time :)

So funny but i read the first sentence wrong...i watch everything that way:)

Commercias license, class A driver with hazardous materials endorsement here.

In USA, that means you get called at random at least yearly and told you have 12 hours to be tested for evidence of drug use... THC would lose me my drivers license, state laws legalizing it or a medical prescription don't count for the federal government. Hence, I can't watch documentaries stoned.

But if you look closely enough at this world, there are things going on so surreally whacked and utterly bizarre that you really don't need drugs to feel your frame of reality being tilted.

Like this:

Screenshot_20200406-132754_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
My bank account has alerted me that I apparently get through these tough virus-related times by buying more kitchen knives. It should not be a continuing issue though, as I have now turned off the bank notifications.

Or you could buy more knives..

Wifey's birthday last night. For a treat we ordered out a small meal from our favorite Italian Restaurant, broke out the Georg Jensen flatware and opened one of our last bottles of Kachina bubbly:
https://belottirb.com/menu
Battuta: Piedmontese dry aged ribeye tartare
IMG_5997.jpeg

Angolotti di Lidia & Bigoli Al Sugo D'Anatra:
IMG_5998.jpeg

Raspberry panna Cotta
IMG_5999.jpeg

We weren't feeling celebratory all day, but this little meal really cheered us up..

The past two days have been the hardest. I went to the grocery store Monday, which has been the extent of my human interaction outside of my immediate family. Knowing that things are likely to stay like this for at least 4-6 more weeks is starting to feel daunting. Hopefully the weather warms up soon.

Nice sunny day, brother and I went on a 15 mile bike ride today around some of the historical neighborhoods and a city park. Some nice bike routes around here. Even though there are bike lanes it's nice riding right now with so little traffic with everybody sitting at home.

Work has been incredibly busy. And work days have stretched from a normal 10 hours to nearly 12.

so, really not any extra free time to relax or get bored.

Running out of things to clean... House, guns, and now the BGE. Did a clean burn on the egg and then decided to scrub down the outside to it's former glory. Looks almost new, it's eight years old and was pretty nasty.

The neighbors probably thought I was going crazy. I don't spend that much time or effort cleaning my new car (hmm maybe that's tomorrow's project)

Nice sunny day, brother and I went on a 15 mile bike ride today around some of the historical neighborhoods and a city park. Some nice bike routes around here. Even though there are bike lanes it's nice riding right now with so little traffic with everybody sitting at home.

I've been doing some of that. While there are fewer cars on the road the proportion of apparently distracted/not paying attention drivers seems to have done up as has the percentage of really slow drivers. When you're on a bike having a car more-or-less pace you but just behind you or overlapping your rear wheel is a bit unnerving, especially when there is no traffic or other obstacles to prevent them from passing.

I pulled three big garbage cans of weeds from my office side yard. Why? I take my dog to play there and it’s a good time.
I am so sore. It looks like I didn’t even make a dent. But I will :)

Back