I have been gone for a while

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I have been gone for a while but I thought I would come back and hang out here some.
Right now I can not afford to re-subscribe as a vendor, but I will be happy to answer any wood questions.

I went thru some medical and financial difficulties that had me scared but most of those are old news now. For the sake of health insurance and a more regular income I had to find a day job. I have still been working with my wood nights and weekends. Unfortunately I had to sell off most of my good knives but I still have a good gyuto made for me by Del. Eventually I will replenish my kitchen knives with good ones instead of the store bought ones.

I hope some of my old friends are still around. While I am fond of custom knives in general, kitchen knives are the ones I like best and use the most.

Enough of my babbling. I am glad the forum is still here and active.

Unfortunately #%@?*# hawks got both of my ducks.
For a while I was tempted to buy a shotgun and shoot every hawk I saw.
I sure do miss those guys.

Oh damn sorry to hear. Looking to have a pack of freeroam (by day) hens once we get our own house.

glad you're back (from a fellow Oregon duck owner)

Still use my chopsticks whenever I get a chance. Love those things.

We had to put your old friends out to pasture. Don't worry though, they were replaced with young fresh bucks ready for action.

Hi Mark - nice to hear from you & hoping any issues were a bump in the road and you are on the mend both financially & physically. All the best & thanks for all the beautiful burl that you have supplied over time (that are now attached to equally nice pieces of steel in my kitchen!).

Back