I made a handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inferno

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) <*))))><
Reaction score
This time I used pretty plain looking wood. Australian sheoak, and the green/yellow one is sumac.

hinoura as 1.JPG
hinoura as 2.JPG

hinoura as 3.JPG

That is a very particular shape. How does it sit in hand? What kind of grip is it designed for? How is the profile from above? I guess you noticed you made me curios :)

I like the sheoak a lot. Handle design is interesting, I can see it working nice for a pinch grip where the hand chokes up the handle a bit and the reduced part of the handle helps bring the balance even more forward. Could still be comfortable in a hammer grip but that seems to vary between people.

Quite like the wood choices, not least because you used Australian species :)

I get how the shape could work well for a pinch grip, but it kinda looks like something took a big bite out of the handle. Could make for a good story ...

“and then, just as I was about to take a slice, the Crocodile spun around and took this chunk out of the handle, right here! Nearly lost my little finger! Bloody lucky, mate!”

That is a very particular shape. How does it sit in hand? What kind of grip is it designed for? How is the profile from above? I guess you noticed you made me curios :)

It sits like any other knife. I use a pinch grip so whats happening out back there doesn't really matter. I have made several knives that basically has nothing there to support my pinky finger. Because even if there was material there it would not support my pinky finger :)

its 14-21mm thick.
sumac.JPG

Yeah I wanted to make something other than a round/oval or octagon. Because those are too boring to build.

Than I stand by my original statement.

There is no symmetry. And I can't tell what type of shape you were going for. A bird beak?

If it has no function than you have a lot of options besides octogan or oval. What about a decagon? Or a hexagon? Or a prism? Or a penis?

So many options...

It actually started out as a Calabi-Yau manifold but I changed my mind half way through.

"It looks cool" is still a purpose, and one in the eye of the beholder...

I've seen a penis shaped handle (not oosik) and wish I could unsee it. :confused:

Good news is that I can still modify it into a dick if I want. Its never too late. I can just glue some more wood on there, do some fine carving and call it done. Then we could call it the Dickoronosaurus.

"...in the eye of the beholder...

This is what I told myself many times when I failed to pick up women from bars. Turns out my cologne smelled terrible.

You get what you pay for [emoji23]

If you want to I can lend you a cologne. I have at least 50. But in the end I think a penis enlargement might work better with the ladies? Just guessing. Or a cool car maybe. a red italian one. Or maybe go all in and get really rich? yeah :)

Back