• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Igarashi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwalker

Reaction score
I'm getting rid of a bunch of stones to free up some cash and space. Some of these stones I thought I would never get rid of but one can't plan for every eventuality. If anyone wants multiple stones, take $20 off for each additional stone. All stones are lacquered on the sides and bottom. Prices include domestic shipping to the U.S. Will ship international for extra $$.

#5 Igarashi

I found this description on strataportland's website and it fits this example perfectly.

"Typically specked at around 1-2k grit, it yields a fairly toothy finish. Some users use it for a kasumi finish, or even use it to create or refine small bevels. I do not find this stone to be nearly aggressive enough for such relatively heavy removal, and use it exclusively for toothier edges. Igarashis can often require the consistent addition of water during the sharpening process to keep it from getting too dry, and this is one of the few tennen toishi that I actually fully submerge in water for a couple minutes prior to use. If it dries out, it becomes much less efficient, and often causes the blade to skate. Working up a slurry with a diamond plate helps, but it too can dry out, which is why I like to saturate it before use and then whip up a slurry with a plate. " -strataportland

This stone measures 69x210x33 and weighs 959g. Asking $100

[URLtarget]
[URLtarget]
[URLtarget]
[URLtarget]

Last edited:
Back