• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Ikeda 226mm B#1 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy, folks. Got a catch and release for ya. Picked this up from @daddy yo yo a couple months ago and haven't used it once.
I attached some photos I took, and the original post has more photos.

I paid $470 (375 Eur at the exchange rate at the time), looking to get $450 shipped (and PP fees). US only
IMG_20210729_130926.jpg
IMG_20210729_130947.jpg

Honestly, ikeda is such an underrated blacksmith on this forum. I think he is right up there along with kato, shig, Toyama, and watanabe

I feel sad about that.
If your worried as a lefty, 60/40 is still workable.

You can compensate by putting a micro bevel on it by sharpening an exaggerated angle and an acute angle on the other face.

I’ve conceded that 60/40 is how most knives are at the very least. Unless you order it custom, you will have to be creative on the rocks

I’m 99.9999% certain this is an iron-clad knife. I nearly bought it myself a couple of times. Beautiful knife and a rare opportunity to get an Ikeda taller than 48mm.

If you like it, I’d think hard about selling now. I’ve seen a grand total of 3 migaki finished blue #1 Ikedas. I’m sure there are more but you don’t see them often.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back