Im a new member and seeking for more information of my yoshiaki fujiwara.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noypi

Reaction score
IMG_20230708_124129.jpg

Does anyone recognize this yoshiaki fukiwara kanji on my nakiri? Is it shinpei kato works? Thanks and have a good day sir

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-08-13-40-39-884_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-08-13-40-39-884_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
View attachment 254054

Does anyone recognize this yoshiaki fukiwara kanji on my nakiri? Is it shinpei kato works? Thanks and have a good day sir
From my understanding both Shinpei and Kiyoshi Kato chisel their makers kanji on the right side. Take a look at this example of a nakiri attributed to the father. I would have my doubts regarding the provenance of the blade in your photo.

Hey sir thanks for the info you gave here i tried to make video for your reference

From my understanding both Shinpei and Kiyoshi Kato chisel their makers kanji on the right side. Take a look at this example of a nakiri attributed to the father. I would have my doubts regarding the provenance of the blade in your photo.

What are your doubts about the blade sir? I really cant find same kanji as written on my blade online. Yoshiaki fujiwara kato is very far from it. But someone also told me that this might be the fathers made or could be the son also.

What are your doubts about the blade sir? I really cant find same kanji as written on my blade online. Yoshiaki fujiwara kato is very far from it. But someone also told me that this might be the fathers made or could be the son also.
Well neither father nor son stamp their names on the blades. Makers are pretty consistent and this is not how the family mark them. Plenty of examples out there, going back 60+ years, for reference purposes, like the one above. But it would be easy for someone to create a metal stamp if they wanted to deceive, but not saying that is the case here. Google translate gives me "Special Yoshiaki". And that could be anyone. Its not an unusual name.

Well neither father nor son stamp their names on the blades. Makers are pretty consistent and this is not how the Kato family mark them. Plenty of examples out there, going back 60+ years, for reference purposes. But it would be easy for someone to create a metal stamp if they wanted to deceive, but not saying that is the case here. Google translate gives me "Special Yoshiaki". And that could be anyone. Its not an unusual name.
I only see once same kanji and they already verify it to kikuhide ginzan store before. With stamp of kikuhide at yhe other blade, they say its a legit mark. Im just gathering more info for this could be a rare knife then. Kikuhide and kato are very closed family thats why they are well known seller of yoshiaki fujiwara. My attached documents says the former smith kanji they are using is yoshiaki that is visible on my nakiri

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-09-14-53-37-297_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-09-14-53-37-297_com.android.chrome.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 0
Well neither father nor son stamp their names on the blades. Makers are pretty consistent and this is not how the family mark them. Plenty of examples out there, going back 60+ years, for reference purposes, like the one above. But it would be easy for someone to create a metal stamp if they wanted to deceive, but not saying that is the case here. Google translate gives me "Special Yoshiaki". And that could be anyone. Its not an unusual name.

Attachments

• IMG_20230710_203753.jpg
    IMG_20230710_203753.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 0
Interesting. I would reach out to @Zweber12 and @khashy for their opinion. Those guys are the ones with a substantial amount of historical Kato knowledge.
I think khashy already said to me it was the father really did it on other website. He is very famous. The other guy i think its khashy friend too there could be possiblity that kiyoshi made it its 50/50 unless the owner of kikuhide ginzan verify it. Thanks again sir for giving info. Have a nice day

Back