Is that my new Watanabe he's using

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 99% sure its a Willys chopper

I want to see him Julienne a 🥕 and🧅 to evaluate his cutting skillz.

You are funny. That is Big Chris using his competition chopper. I wouldn't compete with him in knife handling or cutting skills. You would be surprised how good these choppers are given what they are.

I tried the water bottle bit with my Watanabe. The tip snagged on the last bottle and twisted and ripped. It was hanging there like a piece of torn tin foil. Very disheartening. Lost probably 10 mm after I fixed it.
Yeah, no normal kitchen knife would survive blade sport course. You wouldn't expect them to either, totally different purpose. The steel, heat treat and most importantly geometry and ergonomics of competition choppers are designed and tuned to do what they can do.

Everyone in that video is very overweight and most are bald with long beards. It’s like an alternate universe. Neat competition though.

Everyone in that video is very overweight and most are bald with long beards. It’s like an alternate universe. Neat competition though.
Thats pretty much the English stereotype of what an American looks like, he was only missing the firearms. :)

Back