• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Traded Jiro 225 wa handle BNIB (2020 batch) for trade

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josemartinlopez

我會買所有的獨角獸
Reaction score
I have a Jiro 225 wa handle BNIB (2020 batch) and will trade it if I get an offer for something I'm interested in. This is a broad definition so do send any proposals, and I'm happy to keep the knife for my own use. I'd consider selling it, too, but would strongly prefer to trade. CONUS trade strongly preferred.

whatever might be of interest, PM me, though I haven't spoken to you before.

Because of your trade location preference, am I correct to assume the knife is in CONUS and not Singapore? If so, have you ever inspected the knife to ensure its BNIB condition? Who will be handling the transaction, and what is their relationship to you? I'm interested but wary of doing business with third parties.

Not so sure about the required part. But I am sure that if you’re uncomfortable with the OPs arrangements you can feel free not to buy from him.
Refer to post#4. Valid points IMO. 🤔 No reason to hide behind PM's

I’ll take any serious offers via PM or keep the knife. It’s clear half the guys here are not serious so I’ll just look out for PMs.

I've sold Mr Josemartinlopez (man of many first name) 2 knives now. A Carter and another that was quite a bit more $$. He was a gentleman during the deal and still is in my (yet to be published) book. The deals were problem free, and I would swap steel for cash with him again should the occasion arise.
And the occasion may be sooner than anticipated since the Jiro he is offering looks quite nice

Just my 2 cents worth

Yup, i also sold a knife to Jose without any issues, dang Jose you got alot of knives for just starting out :). Anyways, i could understand people wanting to see pics since that sort of standard. Although other highly sought after knives like Jiro have sold without pics.

I agree with previous guys, cash and knife swapped places pretty fast with Jose. Deal with confidence. GLWT

Thanks for the kind posts and for all the very serious trade offers. I had to decline all the trade offers so far because I already had at least one of the knife offered or something very similar. I have a standing offer to help out anyone buying from Singapore and someone reached out. I might send this to the Singaporean if I don't receive an offer for something I don't have yet (happy to adjust with cash if trade values don't match up).

Last edited:
Looking at all the sellers vouching for JML, you can see that he has a LOT of good knives already. Or maybe we can't see since there are no pictures for us to see.
GLWT.

I'm seriously considering just starting a small blog so I can comment on knives in a more organized way and keep track of my own thoughts.

You can’t be that sore at a guy who can’t tell a Magnolia and a yew handle apart?

Got your message about the Mazaki Blue #1 in the mail. Can’t wait!

Back