Jiro and Takaba Hiromune Direct Order & Contact Info?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nakiriknaifuwaifu

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to get my hands on a 150mm or 165mm nakiri from Jiro or Takaba Hiromune. Does anyone know how to get in touch with them directly? Not sure if Jiro takes orders direct, but I would sure like to try.

Cheers,
NKW

Most of the nakiri on hitohira do not have actual 180 mm edge lengths. Jiro is really the only one that gets close. Mine is 178 mm. I agree that hitohira is your best shot. They might be cool with taking that order for Jiro. I would shoot them an email. He does santoku in that size so I don’t see it being some huge no no. There are some really nice nakiri on hitohira in that size range if you’re not set on jiro. I wanted a few myself but I’m not really interested in buying a nakiri under 180mm.

I would be surprised if you could get in an order with Jiro. A couple other shops, at one point, had orders with him. And they were never delivered. There seems to be only one pipeline- through Hitohira, and the shops Hokuto supplies.

Which might explain why we saw a $130~ jump between the initial release of Jiro and the second shipment.

So, as the other forum members have suggested- if you want an order, either request from Hokuto directly, or ask one of his downstream vendors to try and get an order in for you.

Most of the nakiri on hitohira do not have actual 180 mm edge lengths. Jiro is really the only one that gets close. Mine is 178 mm. I agree that hitohira is your best shot. They might be cool with taking that order for Jiro. I would shoot them an email. He does santoku in that size so I don’t see it being some huge no no. There are some really nice nakiri on hitohira in that size range if you’re not set on jiro. I wanted a few myself but I’m not really interested in buying a nakiri under 180mm.

I don't spend too much time on Hitohira so I'm all ears. What do you recommend?

Latest posts

Back