Kagekiyo White#2 Smith/sharpener

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyamateurDK

Reaction score
Hi all.

As mentioned in another thread, I recently bought a Kagekiyo white#2 gyuto.

I haven't used it much, but so far I would say it's a pretty nice knife.

I can't fint any info about who the Smith or the sharpener is, any of you guys know?

Also. Anyone who can say how there white#2 is compared to other makers white#2?

Thanks 👍

Kagekiyo white 2 and ginsan are from Nakagawa. They’re sharpened by Morihiro hamono, probably by Nishida but it could also be one of the other sharpeners. You could try to ask them directly if you want to know. Don’t have any of their white 2 knives so I can’t comment on how it is, but never heard anything bad and I’m sure it’s good.

Also should be known that retailers could ask makers to have knives sourced from specific smiths.

Carbon did an early run of Takada Suibokus that were Tanaka made for a given steel, even though they usually went with Nakagawa for said steel.

Kagekiyo white 2 and ginsan are from Nakagawa. They’re sharpened by Morihiro hamono, probably by Nishida but it could also be one of the other sharpeners. You could try to ask them directly if you want to know. Don’t have any of their white 2 knives so I can’t comment on how it is, but never heard anything bad and I’m sure it’s good.
I have written an email and asked. Hopefully they will answer👍

Hi all.

I've received a reply from Baba-Hamono regarding who makes there Kagekiyo white#2 lines.

This was there reply...

"Hello,

Thank you very much for using our knife.

Blacksmith, Mr. Nakagawa (Nakagawa knives) https://nakagawa-knives.com/
Sharpener, Mr. Nishida (Our workshop craftsman)

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Baba hamono team"

So now we know 😊

Back