• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Kamon Massdrop 225

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esoo

┐⁠(⁠ ⁠∵⁠ ⁠)⁠┌
KKF Lifetime Supporter KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a Kamon Massdrop - @KAMON Knives did a fantastic job on the knives. I've been impressed with the workmanship from the moment I took it out of the packaging. Unfortunately every time I use it I get left with the feeling that something isn't quite right for me (which I think is that it is heavier than I like). Since I only have so much knife budget selling to move on to try another knife.

Condition: It's been used, it has patina and a few scratches (include in pic below), but nothing that shouldn't polish out. The edge has been stropped once on 1u diamond on leather and probably will need a sharpen soon (not cutting paper towel that well). To my hands, the handle feels a touch dry and in need of a bit of oil. Will come with the saya and all the original packaging.

Price: $1430 CAD shipped to CAD/CONUS. This pricing is reflective of the landed costs (knife costs, exchange, duties, taxes, brokerage fees) that I paid to get the knife in the first place. If you're Canadian (or in the GTA), I have a bit of flex depending on your payment method/if you can pickup. Willing to ship international, and will cover the first $30CAD of the shipping cost.

As I'm not in a real hurry to sell this one (let's admit it's an awesome knife), willing to work out an installment plan if that helps out. Just DM me.

Validation: I just realized I meant to have a tag in the photo with the date and my KKF ID (given some of the issues here lately) I'm about to go into a meeting, but I'll upload those later (or provide in DM as requested) Pic posted below

The pics:
20220519_104344.jpg

20220519_104333.jpg

A pic of the scratches I could find on the right side. I thought there was one on the left side, but can't find it at the moment.
20220519_104403.jpg

Last edited:
Some UPS shipment levels avoid brokerage fees, per Pirate Ship. Self brokerage is also allowed I think by going to the customs offices in person. For future stuff
just chiming in here to confirm I did in fact ship it to @esoo with UPS, declaring full value.
sorry to hear things were so rough

just chiming in here to confirm I did in fact ship it to @esoo with UPS, declaring full value.
sorry to hear things were so rough

Yeah. @nakiriknaifuwaifu was totally above board and I don't fault him for anything. Unfortunately the shipment level he chose UPS calls "bend over and pay" when it crosses the border.

Some UPS shipment levels avoid brokerage fees, per Pirate Ship. Self brokerage is also allowed I think by going to the customs offices in person. For future stuff

I did consider trying to self-declare, but not having done it before and it being peak Omicron COVID at the time made that a bit daunting.

Back