Kato Alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kato is elderly now, we will miss him when he's retired. Get em while ya can.

Sorta, the way in which the weight was distributed didn't jibe with me. Excellent knives for the right person.

this was also my opinion on these. Was fun to try and use a few but moved on from all of them. if this type of knife sounds like its in your strike zone though you will not be disappointed, they cut well.

Liked mine, but sold it because someone else wanted it more.

I've considered buying another, but probably not in the current market with the frenzy and highish prices.

If you were to get another, there will likely always be someone who will want it more than you though!? 😆

Nope. Had one in my cart, hit complete, forgot to enter shipping phone number and by the time I went back and entered it they were gone. Less than 60 seconds.

I'm surprisingly ok with this. Have my eyes out for a Mizuno Tenrenjo instead.

@pd7077 congrats, I got one as well... at least I think so! Got the confirmation email and CC was charged according to my bank

@TheCaptain they sold really really fast, I guess 60sec is about right. I had to add it twice to my cart (it just disapeared the first time), thankfully all my info was in autofill so it took 10sec from there

Apparently they oversold by one. Somebody is going to be sad indeed.

Yeah, I was the unlucky one, just got the email from Mark... can't believe this

At least the other buyers can rest assure their order is safe

Sorry to hear that man. Maybe try jumping on one of the Dois. The pics of those look gorgeous!

Sorry to hear it mate. I know you were keen.

I would recommend putting a WTB on the forum. It is likely that you'll find someone that wants to part with their Kato.

Don't underestimate the power of WTB ;)

I guess they didn't just oversold by one...I feel you man

So who got the latest Kato workhorse from JNS? I think there was a yo in there at 210mm!

Yeah I don't believe there were any yo.

Chestnut wa 240
Magnolia or Ho wa 210

Prices were 600ish and 500ish respectively. I think a yo 210 would have ran more. Happy to be wrong though, and for there to be another yo Kato floating about.

Yeah, I've only ever seen one by digging deep on KKF or searching Google. I've never seen one for sale in a shop or on BST.

dunno if this is right, but did that last kato 210 have some banding on it?

Back