KKF you decide my next gyuto!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have any of the knives.

I was interested at buying a Tanaka. But then I read specifications, it was heavy as far as I remember for my taste.

Then I saw at a forum a choil shot of a Tanaka next to a Blazen, and it was pretty thicker.
I personally will not want to thin a beautiful knife like a Tanaka.
For being heavy I was reffering to the ironwood one. Which ironwood , if I remember correct was photographed next to the Blazen.

Most likely there might be different batches of Tanakas with different geometries, as in many brands. So, I may be wrong to that, but then again it is luck what you will get. For example I have read many people stating that their Blazens or their Hiromotos were thick. Mines are very thin. Especially the Blazen.

Judging from my Blazens, they hold an edge for long, but I tried to cut a short and thin 'satay stick' some weeks ago, it got cut, but the knife chipped to the shape of the satay stick it cut.

I saw the photos and the videos of the Sukenari, which lost a piece from the parmessan, to my liking, very beautiful knife.

:)

And I dont have any experience with ZDP-189, but reading it was similar to Cowry-X, I imagined it must be good. I just find the Sukenari pretty light and beautiful

I am very sorry for any inconvinience, but:

I was wrong about the TANAKA being heavy. I confused it with Takeshi Sanji SG-2 ironwood.

The Tanaka is pretty light actually, the Sanji is very heavy.

Some months ago, I wanted to get some kind of this style gyuto(Tanaka, Saji, Ittou), I was searching for them, sorry, I remembered wrong.

Very sorry for any inconvinience

I was trying now to find that choil shot I talked about, in case I am wrong one more time, for the time being, I didn't manage to find it.

No worries supersayan, thank you for the correction

I never got to use it since the day I got it but my gf who's been using kono hd yo gyoto for past years really likes the tanaka.

So I just ordered my tanaka 210 with James' website! Great guy and great service, can't wait to get it! Thanks a lot for the input guys!!

Dammit I can't even edit my post!
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1432588590.647702.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1432588608.119536.jpg

Dammit I can't even edit my post!

Tis true. But only after a 15 min window to review. You probably got a pop-up that you were outside the editing window for your post (15 min) though you may have missed it with all the screen captures, cutting and pasting, etc.

A quick search instead would have found http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/10038-Editing-Post

Should a typo slip by it won't be the first one and it's easy to ask a moderator to assist - though this one may have to stand.

Defiantly: "I want that knife NOW dammit! Take my money! All of my money! In the box! You hearing me??? Send it RIGHT NOW!"

Sorry, couldn't help myself. LoL

Tis true. But only after a 15 min window to review. You probably got a pop-up that you were outside the editing window for your post (15 min) though you may have missed it with all the screen captures, cutting and pasting, etc.

A quick search instead would have found http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/10038-Editing-Post

Should a typo slip by it won't be the first one and it's easy to ask a moderator to assist - though this one may have to stand.

Defiantly: "I want that knife NOW dammit! Take my money! All of my money! In the box! You hearing me??? Send it RIGHT NOW!"

Sorry, couldn't help myself. LoL

Ya I guess I deserve it, that's what I get for posting late at night without allowing time to reread, although I blame auto (in)correct :whistling:

For a relatively minor typo such as this I agree that it ought to stand, the entertainment it has created was worth it.

haha I was pointing it out for fun, don't worry tjangula!

Back