Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maksim will have different flash sales up everyday this week ending on the 8th.

Toyama 20% discount on JNS.

Now things are getting interesting with more and more vendors joining the crazy sales event party. Wondering when I will be broke.

Last edited:
Decisions, decisions do I buy the Toyama 240 Gyuto Blue steel Stainless clad on sale at JNS or wait and buy a Watanabe 240 Blue Stainless clad?

Pulled the trigger and got the JNS Toyama 240mm Gyuto with the April sale. Been looking for a long 240 gyuto in blue steel and the sale pushed me over the edge!

Good choice, as cheap as you're likely to get a Toyama these days. I will post-enable your purchase for you.

Good choice, as cheap as you're likely to get a Toyama these days. I will post-enable your purchase for you.

LOL - Thanks and I even had Maskim hold my shipping to see if there is anything else in the next several days that I want to add to my shipment (free shipping if the amount is less than his minimum). Who knows what might show up on the daily sale?

Glad you didn’t hesitate for too long. Of course it is now out of stock.

One of the reasons that I hesitated is Maskim might offer the Tanaka knives in the following days and at a possible 25% off that would be hard to resist! That Tanaka Damascus Special was sure tempting and I did hesitate until I put it in my cart - well I hesitated too long on that one.

One of the reasons that I hesitated is Maskim might offer the Tanaka knives in the following days and at a possible 25% off that would be hard to resist! That Tanaka Damascus Special was sure tempting and I did hesitate until I put it in my cart - well I hesitated too long on that one.
The Tanaka and Toyama pair with each other nicely. It doesn’t hurt to have both.

The Tanaka and Toyama pair with each other nicely. It doesn’t hurt to have both.

The only issue with having both is that I don't need either with the 4 Gyutos I already have ;-) T-F, Kono HD2, Kono Fuji and Kato. So the Toyama fits in only because it's slightly longer than my Kono Fuji.

Back