Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Less to do with gender and more around the seeming notoriety of what from pictures seem to be god awful knives. If they were made by a man I don’t think there would be any less criticism.
Yeah I bought three from her, not because she’s a girl. I did it because a celebrity chef said how good they were, and also I’m an idiot
On another note, have three CM knives for sale

Let's be clear, Chelsea Miller leans pretty hard into her gender and it's perception in her chosen profession.
That's fricking hella depressing. Would be a way better story if it was an elephant not in the room who made RAD knives, and they got **** on anyways because of gender. Then we got something to talk about. Then we got some drama.

But you don't get to crank out absolute double hockey sticks of the dumbest knives I've seen in years (and you Instagram brainrotters have shown me some DUMB knives), then cry vagina when people make fun of them.

Yeah I bought three from her, not because she’s a girl. I did it because a celebrity chef said how good they were, and also I’m an idiot
On another note, have three CM knives for sale

You're not an idiot and I applaud your openness. Marketing is a thing for a reason and most of us have fallen victim to it at one time or another of some degree or another.

Honest question... Have you used any of them?

You're not an idiot and I applaud your openness. Marketing is a thing for a reason and most of us have fallen victim to it at one time or another of some degree or another.

Honest question... Have you used any of them?
No I haven’t used them. A lot of friends and family thought they were cool, but they aren’t really into knives. It was one of my first forays into kitchen knives and when I received them I didn’t know much but I knew they sucked. I also bought a few Nafter Forge, Serenity knives, etc. I’ve done better since then due to KKF

Maybe we can pool up enough money to get one, have it reground, polished, new handle, and then replace the blade with a real one. That would be a banger CM custom!

Maybe we can pool up enough money to get one, have it reground, polished, new handle, and then replace the blade with a real one. That would be a banger CM custom!
Don't forget to do a new heat treat.

Probably the most philosophical discussion on kkf: The knife of Theseus. Is it still a CM knife?

Ok I’ll send you mine. Looking forward to seeing what comes back

I know you're joking but please don't. You have some certified Idiocracy in your possession. You can absolutely make stacks reselling if you time it right. No passarounds, no loans. Wait for another publication to do a piece on this brave woman making knives in a male dominated space, then cash in and make some mortgage payments.

_299e7ff7-9acb-4457-9ca7-312aa5b5bf87.jpeg

Old Japanese knifemakers, None of the American or other parts of the world knifemakers are GQ types who preen in front of a mirror. Just dirty hot work joy of forging steel.

I like dark haired women. Maybe started with my Mom. Father Scottish grandmother was a Redhead. I'd rather see sweat on Chelsea Miller's body than some old guy. She has sex appeal & uses it. Horny guys who don't know squat about knives pay big bucks for mediocre knives. May appreciate her looks but knives no thanks.

Old Japanese knifemakers, None of the American or other parts of the world knifemakers are GQ types who preen in front of a mirror. Just dirty hot work joy of forging steel.

I like dark haired women. Maybe started with my Mom. Father Scottish grandmother was a Redhead. I'd rather see sweat on Chelsea Miller's body than some old guy. She has sex appeal & uses it. Horny guys who don't know squat about knives pay big bucks for mediocre knives. May appreciate her looks but knives no thanks.
I would pay $6.99 to unread this

It's hard to tell when people on the internet are joking, but I sincerely hope you are

My falling for marketing was from Ryky when the gig was Dalstrong and not artisan collabs. Bought the Shogun one and honestly it's not so bad, beater or otherwise. The Damascus is actual Damascus, profile is nice for rocking, tall heel and it's nicely packaged. But it definitely is a lesser product to several cheaper Japanese offerings that somewhat gets it's marketing stand by picking off the reputation of Japanese craftsmanship. So I gave it to mom

My marketing gaffe was buying into cheap.chinese knockoff vg-10, back when I thought that steel designation and HRCs were all that mattered in a knife.
But at least that's a cheaper mistake than buying a bunch of Chelsea Memers.

Yeah I did the same. Back before I knew better I got my stepmom some Pakistani/Chinese "VG-10" laser etched damascus. Had to deal with the consequences of that for years...they were the most unrewarding, time consuming things to sharpen and had a bolster. Worst part was she loved them, so it took me years to replace with something easier on me lol.

What brought me to this world in the first place was looking for a new set of knives since I really only had cheap steak knives and a single cheap chefs.
Ended up buying something like this -
IMG_5543.png
thinking it was cool (embarrassing, I know). And immediately hated them when they arrived. Couldn’t cut anything, tried to sharpen with a pull through (I know I know) and still couldn’t get them to do anything besides smash stuff with the thick edge.

Ended up on Reddit & bought the always suggested Takamura r2 gyuto and a couple Tokushu knife branded knives. Eventually found kkf and have spent too much time and money because of all you filthy enablers

What brought me to this world in the first place was looking for a new set of knives since I really only had cheap steak knives and a single cheap chefs.
Ended up buying something like this - View attachment 327627thinking it was cool (embarrassing, I know). And immediately hated them when they arrived. Couldn’t cut anything, tried to sharpen with a pull through (I know I know) and still couldn’t get them to do anything besides smash stuff with the thick edge.

Ended up on Reddit & bought the always suggested Takamura r2 gyuto and a couple Tokushu knife branded knives. Eventually found kkf and have spent too much time and money because of all you filthy enablers
This is where I was leaning when I first started. I never bought in (fortunately), but looking at knives like this and further reading/learning lead me to discover KKF. The rest is history.

This is where I was leaning when I first started. I never bought in (fortunately), but looking at knives like this and further reading/learning lead me to discover KKF. The rest is history.
A $50 mistake unfortunately but a learning experience none the less. I honestly wish I still had them lol

I dig the abalone but I like wild handles. Although I feel like the pins are flush and there is likely a reflection of the abalone within the resin that is creating an illusion. Maybe I’m wrong.
You might be right could be a illusion.

I think this right there is throwing me off like crazy
View attachment 327699
It looks like the abalone might be much thinner, and maybe with a clear resin on top of it. You may be seeing the side of the pin thru the resin.

Back