Knives Available for Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Marko,
Have you dispatched the Suji damscus.
Let me know if you received my emails.
Thank you
G. Souli

I received a box from Marko with my 180 mm damascus from the lottery I'm going to wait till Xmas to open it Thank you Marko for the overnightm ship so it would be here for Xmas will post pictures tomorrow

Has anyone also received a saya from Marko? If so, would very much appreciate knowing (in PM or otherwise) what it cost. I've been unsuccessful in my repeated attempts, by several different means, to find out so far, and had wanted to decide between a saya for my 225 gyuto or a strop. Thanks much.

Has anyone also received a saya from Marko? If so, would very much appreciate knowing (in PM or otherwise) what it cost. I've been unsuccessful in my repeated attempts, by several different means, to find out so far, and had wanted to decide between a saya for my 225 gyuto or a strop. Thanks much.

Hi Folks,
saya pricing is the following. Hardwood (maple, walnut) .50/mm, Softwood (poplar) .35/mm, leather .45/mm. The discount for the buyers of the November 2014 knives, 50%.

Marko

I am on the last few knives from the November sale. I think I will get them all done by Monday.

Thanks for your patience!

If anyone want to drop his 225 gyuto and saya from Marko please let me know.

Marko, will there be more knife for sale any time soon?

I'm not sure how many 225's were out there, but I'd be interested in one as well if there is a second person who has changed their mind

Marko, please check your email. Any updates on the final knives? Thanks

Rich.

Have everyone received their knives from the monosteel batch? I am not sure when to expect mine in the land of oz?

Yeah I got mine last week rami, so did CB1968. Yours can't be far off

I suggest you guys email him rather than posting on forums . He responds to emails pretty fast considering the time difference between Oz and east Coast USA

He responds to some emails, but he goes into stealth mode sometimes.

I reckon id go into stealth mode if this many people were shouting my name!

I suggest you guys email him rather than posting on forums . He responds to emails pretty fast considering the time difference between Oz and east Coast USA

You were right; email contact worked for me. I suspect that he's just busy as hell, juggling a number of things. Despite the time lags, I have never doubted that he is working terribly hard and acting completely in good faith, trying to satisfy everyone. Most importantly, it seems clear to me that he refuses to compromise the excellent quality of what he produces for the sake of expediency.

Patience.

Hi folks,
sorry for being out of the forum for a little bit, a lot of things are going on. Here are some of them.

I will be starting shipping out knives with discounted sayas later this week. I have a number of sayas made and they are being finished, and also have a number of them in work.

I mentioned to some of you that leather sayas are also an option. Those will be similar to a prototype I made a while back, but will have some new design features ( a cutout and a leather strap with a snap).

The complementary strop blocks are also in the pipeline. I selected a board, have ordered felt a leather, and just waiting for being done with sayas to start on those.

Lastly, I got a helper and that somewhat made the work manageable - he does all the prep work on wood and I do the skilled work. Things are going faster and I am considering opening order list for custom saya and handle work, though I might have to change pricing somewhat.

Thank you for your patience. I will be posting pics of finished work as soon as they are available.

Marko

20150119_180211.jpg

PS: I have two great sets in koa (custom work, one for Masamoto honyaki and one for Shigefusa kiaeji) coming. Haven't done work like this for a while. I think you will like it.

Cheers Marko. Please send me a note when mine enters the queue.

Actually not, but... koa is one of the most difficult woods to work with. Carving it for exact fit takes some fortitude of character :)

They are stunning Marko. You have passed the test of fortitude and character!

I. Want. These.

Actually, was looking for big enough pieces of bog oak to make sayas recently and couldn't find.

I. Want. These.

Actually, was looking for big enough pieces of bog oak to make sayas recently and couldn't find.

yeah, tried that too last year with no go. There's guy on ebay who also sell who might find it for you. Just search for Bog oak. Let me know if you have any luck..

yeah, tried that too last year with no go. There's guy on ebay who also sell who might find it for you. Just search for Bog oak. Let me know if you have any luck..

After my note above, I got a PM suggesting I contact http://bogoakua.com/en/ as the proprietor is known to do specialty cuts for folks...but the wood will need to be stabilized afterwards.

After my note above, I got a PM suggesting I contact http://bogoakua.com/en/ as the proprietor is known to do specialty cuts for folks...but the wood will need to be stabilized afterwards.

Thinking this stuff may not need to be stabilized--seems it's naturally stabilized over a few thousand years:)

FWIW I supplied the wood for a handle when Mark first started carrying Bog Oak. Unstablized. The handle goes "gray" quickly and always seems to need oil. (No prob with shrinkage though.) Have had much better luck with it stabilized.

Back