Knives Available for Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marko - no email yet (or PM) - has it been sent?

240mm gyuto in 52100 with Mahogany saya - $425 shipped in ConUS. Convex grind. This is a deal - the saya alone is valued at $120.

IMG_0269[1].jpg

IMG_0271[1].jpg

IMG_0273[1].jpg

The Suji from Page 119 of this thread arrived today and its awesome Marko! Looking forward to making it the BBQ knife. Thanks again!

These knives are available for sale. Each knife is photographed individually (shop photography, sorry for the mediocre pics), with a heel shot included. I haven't set the handles on most yet, so handle customization is possible upon request, but it will add time. Knives are done, just need to set handles, and can be shipped on Monday, Oct. 24th.

IMG_1161.jpg

190mm Nakiri in 52100 w/ Gidgee handle S grind - $350

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

240mm Gyuto in AEB-L w/Koa & Mokume handle, convex grind - $450.
I have been tuning up this grind for some time. The aim was to match the Mizuno grind. This knife will have weight and will make an excellent cutter. I a

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

180mm Gyuto in AEB-L w/Koa & Mokume handle, convex grind - $335

Same grind as the gyuto above, except the knife is thinner and more nimble. This would make a great detail knife. Masamoto profile.

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

220mm Gyuto in 52100 w/Figured Cocobolo & buffalo horn handle, convex grind - $330
This is a thin convex knife. Thin and rigid, great detail knife.

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 124
240mm Gyuto in AEB-L w/Maple & Ebony handle - $395

This is similar to the gyoto with Koa & Mokume handle. Same grind, same HT. Great cutter with nice proportions and weight.

IMG_1150.jpg

View attachment 33309

IMG_1149.jpg

Three 65mm parers in AEB-L

Snakewood parer - $150

Buckeye parer - $140

Thuya parer (practice) - $110

These parers are thin and nimble and make a perfect companion to a gyuto, at least that is what I discovered in my cooking. Super comfortable in your hand. I have never been a parer man, but it has changed since I start using one.

IMG_1158.jpg

140mm petty in 52100 w/Maple & Ebony handle, convex grind - $230

IMG_1157.jpg

Thin and nimble, with a nice rigid feel to it.

ConUS shipping is included in the price. All knives come with 7 days returns and satisfaction guarantee.

If interested, shoot me an email, and I will follow up with a PayPal invoice.

Thank you for looking.

You got it Bill, thank you. That handle is set, the knife is ready to ship immediately.

Marko

Hi Marko,

I'd like to purchase this one, please:

220mm Gyuto in 52100 w/Figured Cocobolo & buffalo horn handle, convex grind - $330

I'll send you an e-mail so you can forward a PayPal invoice.

Thanks!

Blair

SPF
240mm gyuto w/koa handle
220mm gyuto w/cocobolo hanle
140mm petty w/ maple & ebony handle
60mm parer w/buckeye handle
60mm parer w/thuya handle

Available:
240mm gyuto - open for handle customization
180mm gyuto - open for handle customization
60mm parer w/snakewood
180mm nakiri - price drop to $300 Also, will repolish before sending out

Beautiful stuff, glad both the 240 gyutos finally sold because I don't need to be spending money on knives right now, LOL...

However, the S-grind nakiri is very tempting... must... not... spend... $$$ :)

Some.....body.....has.....to......Did...you.....say.....once....you....are.....near......Ocala?

LOL, I... would've... rationalized! spending the money if one of the 240 gyutos was S-grind... But yeah... I'm near Ocala but specifically Gainesville... :)

These are still available

60mm parer in AEB-L w/snakewood handle - price drop to $140
180mm nakiri in 52100 w/gidgee handle, S grind - price drop to $290

Thank you.

Hi Marko,

I'd like to order a pairer. I've sent you a PM.

Mark

Marko's Mizuno style convex grind on his "heavier" gyutos are on point. Had I seen this earlier I most likely would have jumped on one of the 240's in spite of my no-knife-purchase famine.

Marko's Mizuno style convex grind on his "heavier" gyutos are on point. Had I seen this earlier I most likely would have jumped on one of the 240's in spite of my no-knife-purchase famine.

I'd happily fund your knife purchasing war chest by taking a Billipp off your hands [emoji6][emoji109]🏻

Or one of those sweet Ian re-handles! (So good!)

Hi folks,
Soon I will be offering my ready-made knives through vendor/s so there will be fewer knives in this category for sale on the forum. I will take up forging in the coming months, and will concentrate on forged knives. These I will still offer here.

In this batch, am offering a limited handle customization, but have to warn you that it will add time. Alternatively, I can make handles from my stock wood - maple, cocobolo, ebony, ziricote, and this should not take much time. The blades in the pictures are still WIP, with handles, polish, etching logo still to come.

Here are for your consideration
240mm AEB-L gyuto assymmetricly ground convex, for right hand use. Love this geometry and the weight. Great HT. 62-62.5RC

220mm 52100 S grind gyuto - S grind never gets old. Special HT on this one.

230mm AEB-L symmetrically ground convex. Nice weight and nice food separation. Same hardness as on the first.

265mm 52100 suji, asymmetrically ground. I find this geometry very fitting a suji. No flex, but thin behind the edge, nice and nimble. Superb HT.

Boning/Filleting Knives, my latest obsession)). I use thicker stock, but grind the knife like a kitchen knife should be - a thin above the edge and up the spine and a great cutter, while preserving a rigidity. These knives come with oversize handles for a comfortable hold. The handle on the middle boning/filleting knife is a good demonstration on the size of the handle.

So these are as follows:

215mm 52100 filleting knife, convex ground, no flex, super thin above the edge

140mm 52100 curved boning knife

175mm 52100 curved boning knife

The second picture has

285mm AEB-L suji, asymmetrically ground with a maple handle and paper micarta ferrule and end cap. Masamoto inspired. Will make a great cutter.

355mm 52100 scimitar - a beast

Pricing is 1.50-1.65/mm, depending on a knife before upgrades. 7 days returns guarantee, should the knife not meet your expectation.

Shoot me an email if you would like to reserve a knife.

There will be one or two more shorter scimitars, an 230 asymmetric gyuto and some parers in the coming week.

Thank you!

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1315.JPG

Could you provide a brief description of difference between boning and filet as you made them? We both know I need one.

Could you provide a brief description of difference between boning and filet as you made them? We both know I need one.

The shorter two could also be called breaking knives, and one of those is probably what you need. You would have to decide whether a shorter - 140mm version is more suitable, or the longer - 175mm. Either should complement your scimitar well. Both are rigid knives, and you can easily apply down pressure at the tip area.

When I was making the 215 fillet knife, I was thinking of Phil Wilson fillet knives. Those are primarily used for fish.

I am rediscovering the convex grind for myself)) and enjoining it quite a bit. Right now, my favorite knife is my parer, also convex ground.

Back