• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Koala Forge Handmade 150mm double-beveled mini deba. $175 Shipped CONUS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Up for sale is a double-beveled mini deba (not the greatest at figuring out which category some of my knives fall under lol, correct me if im wrong lol) that I made.

I make both user "bare bones" models and also higher end ones with bells and whistles. This is an example of a more entry level knife with the optional maple saya already hand carved that I will include at no extra cost for this sale.

Hand polished and then sharpened on Japanese whetstones to about 2000 before being stropped.... She's sharp, but i'm sure some of you can get it sharper lol

Hand forged from simple 1075 high carbon steel with a forged in distal taper and a kurouchi finish.
Walnut handle with African Blackwood spacer and a Maple saya with a smoked bamboo mekugi (peg).
Stats:
284 mm Overall
150 mm Cutting edge
4.2 mm thickness at base
3.0 mm thickness near tip
47.35 mm Height at base
Weight is 189 grams

Point of balance is right where you pinch grip it, she feels very nice in the hand!
More pictures available upon request.

Price is $375 Shipped CONUS, i will ship internationally with a $20 credit towards the surplus shipping charge.

Attachments

• IMG_1080.jpg
    IMG_1080.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You could edit the title and include a choil shot and a spine shot.
It will sell much faster that way but i can already see it has lots of "meat" to the blade.
Wish i could use such a knife. Its really nice.

Back