• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Kurosaki Megumi 240 and Takeda NAS 223mm Gyutos

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
  • Kurosaki Megumi 240mm Gyuto, VG-10 steel, BNIB, Asking $275
  • Takeda 223mm “Small” Gyuto, Blue Super, stainless-clad, Asking $285, SOLD
I’m working to get my knife collection down to what will fit in my countertop block, so it’s time to make some hard choices and let some knives go.

Prices include shipping to the U.S. I live overseas, and these will come through the USPS military/diplomatic mail system. That generally means 10-14 days for shipping. International buyers, please add an additional $20 for shipping for most countries (will ship Japan Post EMS).

If anyone is interested in more than one of the knives I have for sale, please contact me and we can discuss combined shipping savings. I’ve got a few listings up or going up shortly.

I’ve also got a few cheaper knives that I haven’t gotten around to listing yet: Misono Dragon 240 gyuto, Kaeru 210 gyuto, Butch Harner “kitchen scalpel” (paring), Shun Fuji honesuki in SG2. Please let me know if you might like to buy one of those with something else for sale.

Kurosaki Megumi 240mm Gyuto, VG-10 steel, Asking $275
Edge length, tip to heel: 243mm
Height at heel: 51mm
Weight: 186g

BRAND NEW IN BOX, NEVER SHARPENED, NEVER USED. I’ve admired this beautiful knife for years. Bought it as a consolation when it looked like a custom was falling through in the COVID mess. Custom came through after all, so I need to let this go.
Yu Kurosaki’s heat treatment of VG-10 is well regarded, up there with Hattori.
Cherry wood handle/pakka ferrule
Comes in original box

Takeda 223mm “Small” Gyuto, Blue Super, stainless-clad, Asking $285
Edge length, tip to heel: 223mm
Height at heel: 66mm
Weight: 150g
Maple (dyed) and horn handle
Comes in original box
Very n
Kuro Megumi right side.jpg
Kuro Megumi left side.jpg
Megumi close up.jpg
Kuro megumi balance.jpeg
IMG_2819.jpeg
IMG_2815.jpeg
takeda balance.jpeg
ice knife, just a little too light for my tastes. Classic Takeda geometry, which cuts like a laser with great food release. Touched up once on a 6K.

Last edited:
Back