Looking for 18 cm stainless laser-like gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Otoro, how is the profile of the Azai? If I go for a thicker knife, it should at least have a very nice convex profile.

Thanks Otoro, but by profile I meant the cross section profile. Perhaps the word blade grind is more appropriate. What you see when you take a choil shot. For example, whether the blade is full flat ground or convex (and how much).

Thanks Otoro, but by profile I meant the cross section profile. Perhaps the word blade grind is more appropriate. What you see when you take a choil shot. For example, whether the blade is full flat ground or convex (and how much).

As PT had written earlier in another thread, this "profile" (cross section) would be referred to as geometry. Really helps when everyone is on the same page with terms.

If you hve not had a laser in your hands I would suggest to handle one before commiting to one. I thought it would be wonderful to have one and when I finally got it it took me a few seconds to realize (to my surprise) that I really diod not like its "lightness" and needed something a bit more substantial... just a thought to be taken with a pinch of salt :biggrin:

Back