Looking for a kind of specific 240mm Gyuto.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok.

Right now I'm deciding between the Akifusa SRS15, Kei Kobayashi Damascus and Makoto Kurasaki Ryusei (yes, I like my 210 that much).

Also waiting for a Hado drop at a store to see if they get the Ginsan 240mm gyuto.

My Hado Sumi Ko-Bunka is the best finished knife that I have experienced, so I'm willing to try another one from a different series.

I'm also bringing my Kisuke Manaka ATS-34 to work and see if it cuts it while I wait. My issue with that knife is the tsuchime finish. It screws with my clawing hand when I'm prepping a lot of food, hence why I do not want any texturized finish.

I'll keep you guys updated, if someone is interested in the outcome...

Thank you all.

i have the akifusa srs15 wa-handle in 240, not exactly the akifusa branded model but the tsunehisa model (all the same knife from Hokiyama Global). it's indeed very comfortable, sharp, and stainless. fit and finish is top notch, it's one of the few knives i own that hasn't needed any work done on the choil and spine.

i don't have any experience with what's typically considered lasers on this forum, but i still wouldn't consider the srs15 knife a laser. it is plenty thin and cuts very very well, but it's thicker than the aogami super counterparts to these models.

i'm lucky enough to have enough of an arsenal of gyutos to regularly rotate where this hasn't needed any time on stones, and i've been more than satisfied with the factory edge, as i've generally been with hokiyama products overall (i have three total).

Latest posts

Back