• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Looking for laser gyuto 210mm-240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aszma

Reaction score
My sous chef asked me to find him a japanes chef knife and hes dead set on trying a laser. I recommended him a couple names and showed him some stuff but he insists on me picking it out for him with a given budget of 500 I dont really want to buy him a new knife sense there is no guarantee hes going to like it so i thought id try the forums out first to see if anyone had a laser they arnt using.

He has a max budget of 500 but realistically id prefer to keep in under 300
length 210-240mm
steel: doesnt matter if its carbon plus SS clad
Handle: Wa/D shape

If you guys have anything lmk please

At 300 why not get a konosuke hd or ashi ginga.

Shibatas kotetsu is another option

At 300 why not get a konosuke hd or ashi ginga.

Shibatas kotetsu is another option
Ive suggested all 3 of those too him. Id like to buy used in the event that he doesnt like it or doesnt treat it well

Maybe search for a used
IKAZUCHI 240MM STAINLESS CLAD BLUE SUPER WA-GYUTO.

New one is only 200

My sous chef asked me to find him a japanes chef knife and hes dead set on trying a laser. I recommended him a couple names and showed him some stuff but he insists on me picking it out for him with a given budget of 500 I dont really want to buy him a new knife sense there is no guarantee hes going to like it so i thought id try the forums out first to see if anyone had a laser they arnt using.

He has a max budget of 500 but realistically id prefer to keep in under 300
length 210-240mm
steel: doesnt matter if its carbon plus SS clad
Handle: Wa/D shape

If you guys have anything lmk please

I was thinking of offering up a Tadasuna (Tadatuna) 210 INOX that I have but don't use often. Was looking to price it reasonably and noticed AFrames has both the 210 and 240 in stock. (They never have these in stock) While I appreciate you wanting to buy used, and we could talk about mine, the new ones are priced well for a knife thats one of the original lasers and has been tough to obtain.

Back