Morihei 3k and 4K synths

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell us more, what are your thoughts? I am currently testing the 500, 1K, and 4K. Will be reporting soon. I don’t really understand yet how this stone differs from the Hishiboshi stones.

Can anyone elaborate on the 4k? Feedback, speed, clogging, toothiness? Is it splash n go?

Hey Panda, just in case you may have missed it, I‘ve created a thread about the Morihei stones a couple of weeks ago. In there, you can find lots of Information on the Morihei 4k From me and other people.

Let me know if you have additional questions!

No experience with the 4k but I quite like the green Morihei 3k. It's early days yet and ATM, I like it but still prefer my Chosera 3k for speed & feedback. Edges are very similar. More time needed with it.

I think the price difference in North America would probably push me to the Morihei.

Oi oi hombre! Hope you're keeping well?

Do you, or anyone else, have any further thoughts on the virtues (or lack thereof) of the Hishiboshi 3k...

I'm not Marek, but I've had the Morihei #3000 for a while now. I can compare it to familiar stones. Similar edge to the SP2K, but everything else it's the total opposite. The M3K is a lot slower, muddier, and is quite thirsty for the first ten minutes or so then suddenly you're a pig in mud. It's so soft, you'll dig into it if you're not careful. Decent bite is possible, but it's very pressure sensitive. On the plus side: Decent scratch pattern. Pic: Kasumi vs King 1K. The stone had me scratching my head, tbh. I wished I bought an Ouka instead, idk.

No experience with the 4k but I quite like the green Morihei 3k. It's early days yet and ATM, I like it but still prefer my Chosera 3k for speed & feedback. Edges are very similar. More time needed with it.

I think the price difference in North America would probably push me to the Morihei.
Green and white. Two versions. Both comes from Imanishi.

In the lower left corner, I marked 1k 3k 3k. I have both green and white.

Back