Most Impressive Hand Carved Octagonal Wa

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, I just wish he had included the really interesting part - drilling the dang thing ;)

Stefan

Holy Cow. I only have the faintest understanding of how he may have done it but that appears to have takens several full days work if not somewhere between one and two weeks. That is really admirable dedication to a knife project.

Hi Robin - Saw this on your instagram - great to see it here. That artist is amazing ... seriously hope those skills are being passed along to other folks who will carry on such incredible art. Was thinking a lot about Sweden yesterday as I prep'd dinner with this amazing Thor (damasteel) gyuto "someone" was willing to make for me!

I got to see some of these in person the other day... really cool. Not as nicely finished as they appear in the video, but that could have just been the few that I saw (that were a bit more designed and not quite the standard type)

Someone would call it woodworking. I call it art. Great stuff!

Thanks Robin! Very interesting to see. Reminds me of some carved whale tooths I once saw for sale on a fleamarket in Antwerp. Used to be a sailors timepass back when they still cought whales. Wasn't even expensive 15 euro's or so. Didn't buy it. Always regretted not getting it.

I made my first couple wa handles with a plane like that, I generally use brass or nickel ferrules now though. I love watching Craftsman work though and seeing how easy they make their job look

Back