MTC 20% Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Barclid i feel like i had driven quite a lot of business to yall for hasegawa, how about some recognition? hehe
Hah. One of our sales managers told me the other day that he had some customer out in the Hamptons who ordered 105 Hasegawa boards because they heard some hype about it from their customers or something. We're all one big happy Hasegawa hype family.

I bought a small Hasegawa after seeing this thread, then I bought a bigger one after using the small one for a few days. I honestly think Hasegawa is the best cutting board out there for fine knives and I thank everyone on this thread for having pushed me over the fence.

Last edited:
Hasegawa is my best cutting board for my very hard edge Japanese Knives those in the RcH 62 - 66 range. I have the Wood Core soft but Tuesday Sept. 1st I'll order the wood core PE Brown.

Last edited:
Yes. Also, if you're in California, LAMTC *should* be launching a site soon which should cut down on shipping cost. However, they'll charge CA sales tax. So...

Anyway, I won't be with MTC after next Wednesday so any of you NYC people who stopped by from time to time... it's been nice. Stay safe.

I enjoyed popping in to see you the one time, sir. Hope all is well.

20% Sept sale is active.

Just picked up a new Hasegawa 'brown' cutting board. MTC now carry a smaller 50cmx30cm version which suits me better too. Apparently there will be a 25cm deep one coming in Oct but that's too narrow for me. Look forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

HUGE shoutout @panda

Last edited:
20% Sept sale is active.

Just picked up a new Hasegawa 'brown' cutting board. MTC now carry a smaller 50cmx30cm version which suits me better too. Apparently there will be a 25cm deep one coming in Oct but that's too narrow for me. Look forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

I guess I got too anxious and ordered it before they released the FallSale however I did get a 10% off coupon for signing up to their online page.

I decided that the 11.8 x 23.6 size is ideal for me, can't wait to try it.

The website is super slow and buggy. I can’t even add it to cart. Maybe they’re sold out of the board already? I don’t even see the option to choose a size. Can’t use the search bar. Have to manually go to cutting board menu.

The website is super slow and buggy. I can’t even add it to cart. Maybe they’re sold out of the board already? I don’t even see the option to choose a size. Can’t use the search bar. Have to manually go to cutting board menu.

I just checked and I can add any of the boards to my cart. Perhaps it's your ISP or your computer?

Not from where I'm sitting. Was able to load boards into cart and apply the discount code. No problem. Are you clicking on the size options on the Hasegawa page?

MTC had super slow fulfillment last time I ordered. Barely any customer service. I doubt that I'll order again from them...
Are we talking days or weeks? They are clear it can take several business days to get confirmation of shipping.

Just ordered the 50x30mm brown and the 13.4” x 9.1” soft rubber boards. Discount applied even to the smaller board which was already on sale.

I’ve always had good service from MTC, got people on the phone every time I’ve called.

Where else can you find Hasegawa? KnS in NY seems to be the only other game in town. A few days wait is no biggy

Reactions: JDC
Hah. One of our sales managers told me the other day that he had some customer out in the Hamptons who ordered 105 Hasegawa boards because they heard some hype about it from their customers or something. We're all one big happy Hasegawa hype family.

That was Panda's cousin, Koala.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. Had been waiting for this. Purchased a larger brown hasewaga for the home and an atoma 140.

What is the special sauce for the brown polyethylene boards that make them perform so much better than other pe boards?

What is the special sauce for the brown polyethylene boards that make them perform so much better than other pe boards?
Not sure exactly what you're asking. Within the Hasegawa range there are different coatings. The brown is PE but the softer yellow is polypropylene. The former is harder so will be less forgiving. All have wood cores for lightless and rigidity, which I think is what separates them from other makers PE boards.

Latest posts

Back