My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first got into carbon knives, I wasted *countless* company hours playing with forced patinas. Like I was running the dang restaurant, and still finding time to be like "ooooooh okay, let's dab limes on it, leave it for a few hours, then paint tiger stripes with brown mustard, then polish cross stripes with bkf on a cork and thin slice medium rare ribeye and let it sit....."

I've long since given up on forcing patinas, but I assure you professional chefs do in fact do it. As long as you're flexible with how professional the professional is. 😉

I once put a giant stain on the middle of a stainless steel table because the boiling hot delimer I was using to force a patina sloshed out. The aluminum pot that held the delimer did not fare too well either.

I once put a giant stain on the middle of a stainless steel table because the boiling hot delimer I was using to force a patina sloshed out. The aluminum pot that held the delimer did not fare too well either.
Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, that's why I etch on company time.

Finally used my Kagekiyo B1 Damascus Stainclad and damn….The patina shows on the Hira side of it too. 😍🔪👌🏼
IMG_2552.jpeg
IMG_2553.jpeg

Back